ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Perl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Perl installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Perl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Perl for installing, managing, and standardizing your Perl .
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Perl
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Perl modules with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActivePerl Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
Business and Enterprise Editions provide access to older Perl versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to ActivePerl 5.24, 5.22, 5.20, 5.18, 5.16, 5.14, 5.12, 5.10, 5.8
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any version release
Although non-production use is permitted for free using our latest Community Edition versions, use of legacy versions on non-production and/or production machines requires a Business Edition or Enterprise Edition license. Please contact us for more details
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions include:
- Precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePerl 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, 5.18, 5.20, 5.22, 5.24
- Core Perl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Perl Package Manager (PPM)1
- Access to PPM Index for easy searching through an additional 10,000 third-party Perl modules
- Extended documentation
Security with ActivePerl
Every organization is focused on security, but not every individual. Downloading a package quickly in order to get the job done is not uncommon, but it leaves companies very vulnerable. Has someone on your team used a package that was out-of-date or did not meet your company's security standards?
By using ActivePerl there is no more guessing if your Perl distribution has incorporated the latest OpenSSL patch or if an unvetted package has been downloaded from an unverified repository.
We update all included modules to the latest version with every Enterprise build as well as providing timely security updates for critical issues. We provide customized builds for older versions of ActivePerl that are linked against OpenSSL 1.0.2g. Some older modules in our Perl Package Manager are still linked against 1.0.0b but we are continually upgrading to 1.0.2g as modules are rebuilt. Note that the 1.0.0 OpenSSL branch is not vulnerable to Heartbleed.
Having served Fortune 1000 companies for 20 years, we understand the security requirements of organizations like yours and give you the peace of mind you need.
Save Time with Support from the Perl Experts
With ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Perl support team
- Count on Perl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
From $1200 per instance/year
Still not sure which edition is right for you? Check our Compare Editions chart.
1 Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please see PPM or search PPM Index for current module availability. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
2 Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle. Business Edition is tested, precompiled, and quality assured but only the most recent versions of Perl are actively maintained; if you need access to advanced support or ongoing maintenance (i.e. security patches, bug fixes and new feature etc.), consider Enterprise Edition.
3 Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.