New Packages Included
We have automatically included a number of packages supporting test-driven development as well as some popular ones used by the community in our ActivePython distribution:
- coverage - reports on how much code is covered by unit tests
- pyflakes - checks Python programs for well known errors
- pytest - is a popular unit testing framework
- virtualEnv - A tool used to create isolated Python environments, allowing multiple versions of dependencies on the same system without interfering with each other.
- requests - The most popular library for HTTP development.
- six - Supplies Python compatibility between the major versions of Python 2 and Python 3.
- simplejson - Helps with JSON development and is very important in API building and consumption.
- dateUtil - Provides Python developers with an easy way to manipulate times and dates.
- markupSafe - Allows for easy string handling of markup representations such as HTML/XHTML and XML.
If you don't see a package you need, contact us at email@example.com to find out more about customizing your package bundle for ActivePython Enterprise Edition!
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Python distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Python installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Python on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Python for installing, managing, and standardizing your Python.
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Python
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Python packages with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions include:
- Precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
- Core Python binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages
- Popular packages such as requests, six, virtualenv, pytest, coverage, and many others included by default.
- Extended documentation
Business Edition licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Enterprise Edition licensing is on a custom, site-wide basis.
Security with ActivePython
Every organization is focused on security, but not every individual. Downloading a package quickly in order to get the job done is not uncommon, but it leaves companies very vulnerable. Has someone on your team used a package that was out-of-date or did not meet your company's security standards?
By using ActivePython there is no more guessing if your Python distribution has incorporated the latest OpenSSL patch or if an unvetted package has been downloaded from an unverified repository.
We update all included modules to the latest version with every Enterprise build as well as providing timely security updates for critical issues. We provide customized builds for older versions of ActivePython that are linked against OpenSSL 1.0.2h for 2.7, 3.5 and 3.6 versions and 1.0.1l for 3.4 versions. Older modules in our Python Package Manager may be linked against older versions of OpenSSL.
Having served Fortune 1000 companies for 20 years, we understand the security requirements of organizations like yours and give you the peace of mind you need.
Save Time with Support from the Python Experts
With ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Python support team
- Count on Python expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActivePython Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
Business and Enterprise Editions provide access to older Python versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any version release
Although non-production use is permitted for free using our latest Community Edition versions, use of legacy versions on non-production and/or production machines requires a Business Edition or Enterprise Edition license. Please contact us for more details
From $1200 per instance/year
1 Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
2 Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle. Business Edition is tested, precompiled, and quality assured but only the most recent versions of the distributions are actively maintained; if you need access to advanced support or ongoing maintenance (i.e. security patches, bug fixes and new feature etc.), consider Enterprise Edition.
3 Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.
4 Legacy is defined as being any version of our languages that are not currently for offer via our online download page. i.e. ActivePerl 5.8, ActivePython 2.4, etc.