ActiveBlog

A comedy of errors -- encore!
by Kevin "kj" Woolley

Kevin "kj" Woolley, December 15, 2005

Here's one more that should have made it into the last post. I wrote a script that uses the Switch Perl module. It works great unwrapped, but when I wrap it with PerlApp it doesn't work. This happens because the...

Here's one more that should have made it into the last post.

I wrote a script that uses the Switch Perl module.  It works great unwrapped, but when I wrap it with PerlApp it doesn't work.

This happens because the Switch module is implemented as a Perl source filter.
Currently, code that uses source filters cannot be processed by
PerlApp.  There is no easy work-around for this that I am aware of --
the only option at this point seems to be to convert the code using Switch to use if...elsif...else clauses or one of the other alternatives from the perlsyn manual page.

Subscribe to ActiveState Blogs by Email

Share this post:

About the Author: RSS

kj is ActiveState’s Systems Administrator. He was born in London, Ontario, grew up in North Vancouver, and spent several years in the Northwest Territories doing technical sales. As a technical infrastructure specialist, he brings over twenty years of systems administration experience to ActiveState.