- Developer Tools
, January 20, 2009SHARE THIS:
Tagged by Jeff Griffith, ActiveState's web guru. Some or all of these might even be true I'm a native Vancouverite, which I guess is rare considering this city of a couple of million was a village ringed with sawmills and...
Tagged by Jeff Griffith, ActiveState's web guru. Some or all of these might even be true
- I'm a native Vancouverite, which I guess is rare considering this city of a couple of million was a village ringed with sawmills and canneries when I was a kid.
- The best non-computer gig I ever had was a summer job inspecting railway crossings in the interior of BC. We got paid $337 and some cents a month plus a $10 per diem for expenses, not to mention a railway pass good as far east as Banff and Jasper.
- I sold my comic collection during the X-Men hysteria of the mid-1980s, paying for a year of grad school and upkeep on Wallace West, my trusty 1975 red Honda Civic, with the proceeds. No regrets at all, it was time, but I kept the Howard the Ducks, which were out of vogue at the time due to an awful movie I never saw. They're in a box in an attic somewhere, but Wallace was no match for the Ontario winters, and rusted out before the Reagan years were over.
- Bagdad Cafe turned me on to boomerangs.
- I'm still looking for effective cat pee deterrents and cleansers.
- One high point while living in Ottawa was the time I got to chat with Herb Grey (then deputy prime minister) while we were both doing the grocery shopping at Loblaws one Saturday afternoon. This would be like my rubbing shoulders with Dick Cheney at the weekend farmers' market. Sort of.
- I'm not big on chain memes, so I'll end this here.