- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Todd Whiteman, March 23, 2010
Komodo Extensions - Top Picks
There are many great add-ons that have been written to extend Komodo, providing a slew of new features and functionality. You can use Komodo's Tools -> Add-ons menu to launch the add-on dialog, then search for and install new Komodo extensions like the ones listed below.
Here is a list of some of my favorite extensions: MoreKomodo This very popular extension provides a number of great features, such as:
- copying the filename or directory path from the context menu
- renaming or moving the current editor file
- encoding or decoding of HTML entities into a document
- copying results straight from Komodo's Find pane
Zen Coding A great tool to quickly create and edit HTML content. It features the ability to:
- expand several HTML abbreviations at once
- easily wrap selections in a tag element
- quickly navigate to editing points
- expand and contract selections in nested tags
- searches files for specific to-do markers
- UI to easily jump to the TO-DO locations
- customizable search criteria and search context
HTML Toolkit Provides many additional HTML helpers, such as:
- automatic completion of HTML end tags - sweet!
- additional commands for tag movement and navigation
- helper commands for creating common HTML entities
Tweak UI Allows you to tweak and customize the Komodo UI layout. Using this extension you can:
- move side-bars like the code browser from the left Komodo pane to the right pane
- show longer paths for the editor tab names
- change the Komodo panes to use a traditional tabbed layout
Komodo is built on the Mozilla framework so it has the same extension system as the Firefox browser. You can build your own extensions or even re-purpose existing Firefox extensions to work within Komodo. Want to find out more about Komodo add-ons? Then head over to the ActiveState Community site. You may even decide to write your own Komodo extension. If you do, we some tools for doing just that - try the File -> New -> New Project from Template and select the Komodo Extension template.
So what are your favorite Komodo IDE add-ons? Feel free to share below!