- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Diane Mueller, December 2, 2010
Want to test drive the latest Cloud Goodness that Amazon has to offer?
Check out ActiveState's ActivePython Amazon EC2 AMI. ActiveState gets you up and running on the Cloud in minutes with a secure, tested, private Amazon Machine Image, fully loaded with powerful Open Source LAMP Stack of ActivePython, Ubuntu Linux, MySQL, Django, Apache, and everything you'll need to get up and running quickly.
To learn more, register for the upcoming webinar "Developing & Deploying Cloud Applications with Python on Amazon EC2" Wednesday, December 8, 2010 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PST
Whether testing your latest financial scenario, deploying your enterprise SAAS workflow application or rolling out the next "Twitter" - this is the best place to start!
By combining Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to provide the resizable compute capacity in the cloud with the Python-centric Best Practices LAMP included with ActivePython AMI, ActiveState makes web-scale computing easier and enables enterprises to get to market faster and more securely with all the components and packages needed to enable enterprise-grade security and database connectivity.
The ActivePython Amazon EC2 AMI is designed to provide smooth on-ramps at various stages of adoption:
- Developers needing customizations can use the build and deployment script as a starting point for incremental development, replacing any or all of the components.
- Newcomers to cloud computing can have a live website in minutes and use that as a starting point for learning what is involved.
- Those with existing web pages can drop-in their own HTML and CSS and have them available on-line immediately.
- The Django web framework offers a slew of pre-built applications that can be used to expand a website’s capabilities with minimal effort.
If your website becomes popular, the control script offers simple command-line options for scaling the website across multiple worker instances.
ActivePython AMI also includes:
- Sample Django web application
- Links to PyPM Index to find required Python packages easily
- Tutorials and documentation to learn how to develop and deploy quickly
To learn more, visit http://www.activestate.com/activepython/amazon-machine-image
To spin up your own ActivePython Amazon EC2 AMI , check out : http://aws.amazon.com/amis/0504835354415205
AMI with ActivePython Community Edition is free if using cloud applications for internal company use.
AMI with ActivePython Business Edition is $999/server/year and is available immediately.