- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
- Professional Services
- Commercial Support
- Code Recipes
Sheila Rebellato, January 13, 2011
Want to get started using Python in the Cloud? Last month we announced that you can now start building your next app with the new ActivePython Amazon Machine Image (AMI) – a Python-centric LAMP stack for Amazon EC2. To follow up with that, we've created a Getting Started with the ActivePython AMI tutorial (with Raymond Hettinger, a core Python developer) to get you started on the right foot.
What do you get?
- Fast development and deployment, scalability, and reliability with EC2 servers
- Complete LAMP stack with trusted ActivePython builds for EC2, tested and vetted by ActiveState
- Python database packages for Postgres, Oracle, SQLite and MS SQL*
- License to deploy cloud apps to users external to your company*
* These features require an ActivePython Business Edition license.
Watch the quick start video and start playing with Python in the Cloud now:
Read more about ActivePython Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
Subscribe to ActiveState Blogs by Email
Share this post:
Tags: activepython, activepython programming, amazon ec2, amazon python, python, python ami, python ec2, Python in the cloud, python video