- Developer Tools
Submitted by tophw on Thu, 2013-02-14 15:41
ActiveState is seeking a Cloud Evangelist with experience in cloud computing development and platform technologies. The Cloud Evangelist will advocate for and evangelize Stackato, ActiveState’s enterprise private Platform-as-a-Service technology.
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing. The successful candidate is passionate about cloud computing and unyielding in commitment to seeing Stackato succeed in enterprise and partner markets. The Cloud Evangelist can be based in ActiveState’s Santa Clara, California office or at headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Are you the next ActiveState Cloud Evangelist? You are hungry to build buzz. You are passionate about cloud computing and how it can transform the modern enterprise. You write well and can craft compelling messaging. You are a first-rate communicator, comfortable engaging all audiences, especially highly-technical ones and/or media. You network well. You think and execute strategically. You are skilled at evangelizing your ideas both internally and externally, and are capable of turning on a dime. You are a seasoned road warrior, and think fast on your feet.
The ActiveState Cloud Evangelist:
- Acts as the public face and technology domain expert for Stackato private PaaS technology
- Works the ActiveState booth at events
- Identifies speaking opportunities, responds to CFPs, and speaks at industry events and meetings
- Seeks out opportunities—whether in person or online—to evangelize Stackato, promoting company and product strengths with influencer communities and industry press thru technical product demos, conference participation, writing, blogging, webinars, videocasts/podcasts, and more.
- Is a thought leader in the cloud computing space, and pens frequent blog posts and bylines
- Builds relationships with key customer, partner, and media influencers
- Actively leads Stackato social-media efforts (and has an established follower base)
- Collaborates with Stackato marketing, product management, and executive leadership on product strategy, roadmaps
- Tracks competitor product and company activities
- Partners with ActiveState PR partners to maximize media messaging efficacy
- Develops new business; tracks and reports leads from events; owns delivery of leadgen metrics
- Works with Partner team to identify, nurture partnership opportunities
Required Skills / Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, or business; or communications bachelor’s degree paired with high-tech industry or cloud-computing experience. Master’s degree is nice to have.
- 6+ years industry experience working in cloud computing and/or high-tech software. Technical evangelism, technical media, and business development experience preferred.
- Experience writing/blogging for high-tech industry trade media
- Development experience in one or more of the following is a plus: Ruby, Rails, Node.js, PHP, Python, Perl, noSQL technologies, Grails, Spring, Java
- Public speaking: Industry event “featured speaker” experience preferred
- Willing to travel up to 50% (less if located in Silicon Valley)—Must be able to travel unrestricted in North America
- Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities rapidly and work under pressure
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- A fun and positive attitude, and a great sense of humor
ActiveState, established in 1997, is a company of smart people who create and provide solutions empowering innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster.
In this dynamic and entrepreneurial company, you will have the opportunity and responsibility to drive growth. ActiveState’s a great place to work, so please send your resume and cover letter to careers [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: Cloud%20Evangelist%20opportunity) today, outlining why you'd be a great candidate for this position.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those short-listed will be contacted.