- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Submitted by brents on Mon, 2015-03-30 15:37
ActiveState is seeking a smart, efficient, and connected PR Manager with a track record of getting things done. Reporting to the VP Product Management & Marketing, the PR Manager will work with the team to aggressively promote and bring awareness to Stackato. You will be responsible for traditional media, social media, and public relations initiatives that ensure Stackato is positioned as the leader in the private Platform as a Service market.
If you think you've got what it takes, send your resume to careers [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: PR%20Manager%20application) with a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team and why we should hire you.
- Develop PR opportunities, pitch angles, and story ideas
- Identify relevant current stories for ActiveState to participate in
- Help identify events and speaking engagements for ActiveState to participate in
- Plan and manage PR for software releases
- Media relations: Develop and secure media opportunities with key business, trade, and channel media for editorials, features, and other coverage as appropriate
- Writing, editing, coordinating and distributing communication materials, including press releases, bylines, fact sheets, customer testimonials, presentations, industry updates, briefing documents, Q&As, and other related items to garner media attention
- Develop and lead PR strategy, management, and execution
- Liaise and collaborate with Marketing and Product Management
- Establish, monitor, and track PR metrics and results on a quarterly and yearly basis
- A suitably impressive amount of experience in public relations and/or corporate communications in high-tech
- A suitably impressive portfolio demonstrating the above
- Demonstrable Twitter expertise
- General interest in and enthusiasm for high tech products
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans
- Proven success in placing writing in a variety of different media outlets
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders at different levels and in different functional roles
- A hungry, driven, self-starter capable of owning performance delivery, and able to execute goals
- Exceptional communication, writing, and editing skills
- Proven ability to understand and discuss an extremely technical product
- Cloud software domain expertise is a major plus
- A fun and positive attitude, and a great sense of humor
We're on the top floor of the United Kingdom building in downtown Vancouver. We have an amazing view of the water and north shore mountains and an open-concept office, complete with a stocked kitchen, beer fridge, and playroom! Strong remote candidates will be considered. We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those short-listed will be contacted.