- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
- Professional Services
- Commercial Support
- Code Recipes
Submitted by brents on Thu, 2014-01-09 18:12
With the growth in the private cloud and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) markets, we are looking for an energetic and hungry Sales Engineer to help grow our business.
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Business Development, the Sales Engineer will drive and actively support the technical evaluation stage of the sales process for Stackato opportunities.
If you have a passion for new technologies, and a skill for communicating features that correlate to business benefits, and meet the criteria below, apply now to careers [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: Sales%20Engineer%20job%20application) .
- Works with sales people on assigned end-user and partner opportunities, prioritizing work based on maximizing sales target achievements and corporate goals
- Scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and ActiveState
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations of Stackato for sales and business development meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Communicate Stackato technical competitive advantages to win new customers
- Maintain relationships with technical influencers in the sales process
- Represent and demonstrate Stackato to customers and prospects at industry conferences
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, support, and marketing, providing feedback from the field to internal stakeholders to align solution to market requirements
- Assist with coaching sales and marketing to enhance technical product knowledge
Requirements: Education, Experience, Skills
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field
- 3-5+ years relevant experience with IT solutions in a business-to-business (B2B) environment
- Experience with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, CMPs, OpenStack) or cloud service/hosting providers or other cloud infrastructure automation tools (Chef/Puppet, Docker) required
- Other technical skills: Linux system administration, virtualization technologies, intermediate programming skills (Java, Python, Perl, other)
- Experience with CI tools and IDEs an asset
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in self-directed but also collaborative environment
- Able to travel (mostly North America) as required for sales meetings, events
- A fun and positive attitude, and a great sense of humor!
We're on the top floor of the United Kingdom building in downtown Vancouver. We have an amazing view of the water and north shore mountains and an open-concept office, complete with a stocked kitchen, beer fridge, and playroom! Strong remote candidates will be considered.
We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those short-listed will be contacted.