- Developer Tools
Submitted by angieh on Tue, 2011-12-20 20:27
ActiveState is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to be a part of our growing, vibrant company. This is a full time position in our Vancouver office.
Candidates should bring at least 1 year of experience in a support postion, a hunger for problem-solving, great communication skills, and impressive skills in troubleshooting open source technology. You have a desire to understand and play with newer, cutting-edge technologies and software methodologies, and thrive in a fun and fast paced workplace.
If you think you've got what it takes, and you can put check marks next to most of the requirements below, then send us that HR-friendly stuff to careers [at] activestate [dot] com.
- Technical support and problem verification
- Quality assurance testing for ActiveState's multi-language platform as a service environment and tools
- Online support and community involvement
- Administration of dev and test systems
- Willingness to facilitate open and effective communication with internal and external teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum one year of experience working in software support, System Administration, or related environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge and system administration experience in Linux environments
- Flexibility and adaptability for working in an ever-changing, dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and goals
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Java or Ruby
- Experience with virtualization software (e.g. VMware, VirtualBox)
- Network administration experience
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more ticket tracking systems
- Experience with QA processes
- Technical knowledge in Mac OS X and Windows environments
- Experience working with source code control software
- Intermediate scripting/dynamic language skills, including past or current use of ActiveState Perl, Python, and/or Tcl products
We’re on the top floor of the United Kingdom building in downtown Vancouver. We have an amazing view of the water and north shore mountains and an open concept office, complete with a stocked kitchen, a beer fridge and a playroom!