- Developer Tools
Bart Copeland, February 07, 2013
ActiveState enjoyed a one hell of a great 2012, and we’re carrying that momentum forward to what will be an even more exciting 2013. Today we announced significant revenue growth in 2012, due in no small part to the success of Stackato, the market-leading private PaaS technology. I’m really proud of what the ActiveState team has accomplished, and I’m grateful to our partners, enterprise customers, and the community of developers throughout the world that support us. I wanted to call out some highlights from the past year:
- Revenue grew 40% year over year.
- Headcount grew one third.
- We opened the new ActiveState Silicon Valley office.
- We increased investment in sales, marketing, and R&D.
- Stackato gained market traction in new verticals, including Internet software and mobile telecom.
- Stackato production implementations grew as early adopters ramped up production PaaS deployments.
- Stackato enjoyed continued market success in the enterprise and cloud service provider markets.
New customers winning with Stackato include:
- A world leader in next-generation mobile technologies (and Fortune 500 corporation) needed a polyglot private PaaS solution, and—after a lengthy technology due diligence evaluation—chose Stackato. The North America-based mobile technology multinational is deploying Stackato within its R&D organization to empower developers to innovate, and to become more nimble and more responsive to market change.
- An Internet software company and wholly owned subsidiary of a global non-profit open-source community is implementing Stackato for its web applications.
- In December, ActiveState and HP Cloud Services announced an OEM partnership: The HP Cloud Application PaaS will be powered by Stackato. On a related subject, one HP engineer blogged about how HP’s DevEx team has implemented Stackato in its cloud architecture.
- Software-as-a-Service leader ExactTarget deployed Stackato in its production private cloud and saw dramatic reductions in application development cycles leading to dynamic new workflow. It’s a fantastic success story! Join us for our upcoming chat with Dale McCrory, Principal Product Manager at ExactTarget and learn how ExactTarget took its cloud innovation program to new heights.
Stackato adoption will continue to drive ActiveState’s success in the coming year. We owe this to not only the fantastic team here at ActiveState but also to our customers. They’re not just users of the product but have become valuable partners and have helped make Stackato the premier enterprise PaaS. And I look forward to working with them—and our Stackato partners-to-be—in the coming year. They drive us to make our products better so we can help them succeed.
Subscribe to ActiveState Blogs by Email
Share this post: