- Developer Tools
The ActiveState Education Partner Program provides software to qualified academic institutions. Give your students hands-on access to our development tools in your classrooms and labs, but not directly to students If you're a student, click here to learn more.
We provide licenses of our latest award-winning software to help introduce students to the programming skills and tools needed to succeed in the workforce. Complete the application to get started.
Find out more about the ActiveState Education Partner Program:
- I'm a teacher/professor. What software can I use in my class and/or lab?
- I'm a teacher/professor or work at a school. Do I get a discount for my own personal copy?
- I'm a student. Do I get a discount?
- What does the Education Partner Program provide?
- How do I apply for the software?
- What other schools are Education Partners?
The ActiveState Education Partner Program offers free licenses for instructors, classroom and lab systems for the following software:
- Komodo IDE
- Perl Dev Kit (PDK)
- Tcl Dev Kit (TDK)
- ActivePerl, ActiveTcl, ActivePython (Community Edition)
To purchase Komodo, PDK or TDK as an employee at a school, send an email to email@example.com to learn more.
ActiveState offers free license options to qualified academic/educational institutions (for use in teaching and labs). However, we do not offer free licenses directly to students. Please ask your school to reach out to us to install Komodo IDE in their classrooms and labs.
To purchase a student license for Komodo IDE, you can buy a Komodo Personal license for only $99US (one-time, perpetual license). The Komodo IDE Personal option gives you all of the power of Komodo, but at discounted rates for students, freelancers and individuals who will not be reimbursed by a company or employer. Full terms and conditions can be seen in the footnote at: http://komodoide.com/pricing/.
Alternatively, you may want to consider using Komodo Edit, the free, open source lighter weight version of our IDE: http://komodoide.com/komodo-edit/.
To purchase a student license for PDK or TDK, you’ll save as a student when you purchase via our approved education reseller Studica. If you are a student looking at Perl Dev Kit or Tcl Dev Kit, contact Studica (valid student ID required).
- Free licenses for instructors, classroom and lab systems
- Educational resources and collateral for instructors
- Student discounts available to qualified students (see above)
- Discounted pricing for researchers and other employees working for your institution
- Notification of new and upcoming ActiveState releases
The ActiveState Education Partner Program provides complimentary (free) software licenses to K-12, secondary, college, and university instructors who wish to use our software in the classroom or lab for instructional purposes. Please complete the form below, including a short 100-word testimonial about why you have chosen our software in your program and/or the benefits your students would gain from the Education Partner Program.
After you've submitted the form, we will review your application and send you the ActiveState Education Partner Program Agreement. This agreement needs to be signed in order to receive the free software for your class.
- Ball State University
- Berufskolleg Alsdorf
- Boise State University, Educational Technology
- Brigham Young University
- CART (Centre for Advanced Research & Technology)
- CEGEP du Vieux, Montreal
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d'Informatique et de Mathematiques Appliquees de Grenoble France
- George Fox University
- Harry Ainsley High School
- High School of Math Science and Engineering
- Izmir Institute of Technology
- Jamk University of Applied Sciences
- Landau Forte Academy, Tamworth
- Lewis University
- Meridian Academy
- Odessa National Economic University
- Oregon State University Open Source Lab
- Pearl River Community College
- Red Rocks Community College
- Republic Polytechnic
- Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science & Technology
- Silesian University in Opava
- South Carolina State University
- St. Dominic's Sixth Form College
- Telecom Bretagne
- Telford College (Edinburgh)
- Umea University Department of Computing Science
- Universality of Sharjah
- Universidad Federal De Campina Grande
- University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland
- University of Georgia
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- University of Oklahoma
- University of San Diego
- University of Toronto
- University of Vienna