- Developer Tools
Submitted by navrupj on Wed, 2013-04-10 00:00
VANCOUVER, British Columbia– April 10, 2013 – ActiveState®, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, today announced the release of Stackato® 2.10, the next evolution of the company’s groundbreaking private Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technology for the agile enterprise. Enterprise cloud leaders like HP, ExactTarget, and Mozilla use Stackato to get to market faster, be more productive, save money, and innovate. Highlighting this Stackato release is a new Oracle DB add-on, allowing enterprise developers to easily create and deploy applications that depend on an Oracle back-end, without IT assistance. Additional updates include more efficient log-streaming (with Logyard), improved security, an even better web management console user interface, and upgrades to PostgreSQL, Perl, Node.js, MongoDB, uWSGI, and the Mono add-on for .NET applications.
“The agile enterprise demands extensibility and flexibility,” notes ActiveState director of product management Brent Smithurst. “Stackato is extensible through support for Heroku buildpacks and the Stackato Add-On system. Our enterprise customers needed a seamless way for their developers to use Oracle as a back-end without IT intervention, so we created this new add-on, complete with Spring auto-reconfiguration support. Stackato continues to make it easy for DevOps to deploy PaaS in the enterprise, and fast for development organizations to gain value from it.”
Stackato 2.10 release
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Notable New Features:
- Stackato’s Oracle DB Add-On makes it easy for enterprises to connect new private PaaS deployments to existing or new Oracle DB systems.Now DevOps teams can get Stackato up and running in a production environment—and connected to existing database systems—even faster and easier.
- Core runtime updates provide improved security and stability, including improved cookie-handling of tokens, REST API improvements to block cross-site request forgery, PostgreSQL 9.1.9, and better controller memory management.
- Improved node and cluster management tools make it even easier for IT staff to create and manage large clusters in a private, public, or hybrid cloud.
- The most current versions of node.js 0.10, MongoDB 2.4, Mono 3.0 (beta), and others allow developers to take advantage of the latest features in their preferred languages, frameworks, and services. Stackato users can also augment the built-in components with Heroku buildpacks or add-ons
Stackato 2.10 is available in an enterprise edition, a micro cloud edition, as a sandbox trial, or on public clouds like AWS or HPCS. Learn more and download the Stackato micro cloud at http://www.activestate.com/stackato/get_stackato.
- ActiveState: http://www.activestate.com
- Stackato: http://www.activestate.com/stackato
- Stackato, the Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aKBJNovdU
- Blog: http://www.activestate.com/blog
Stackato is the private Platform as a Service for the agile enterprise. Stackato works with any language on any stack on any cloud. From the desktop to the datacenter, Stackato makes it easy to develop, deploy, migrate, scale, manage, and monitor cloud applications. With Stackato, enterprise IT enjoys rapid application deployment, scalable administration, assured compliance, and greater control. Developers can code in the language that’s right for them and seamlessly launch applications to any cloud. Enterprise cloud leaders like HP, ExactTarget, and Mozilla use Stackato to get to market faster, be more productive, save money, and innovate.
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState’s cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState’s groundbreaking enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState’s end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
HORN on behalf of ActiveState
646 202-9785Joe [dot] Ferrary [at] horngroup [dot] com (Joe [dot] Ferrary [at] horngroup [dot] com)
ActiveState and Stackato are registered trademarks of ActiveState Software Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.