Every developer has different needs; different ways of working. With the release of Komodo 4.0, we've put control in the hands of Komodo users.
Komodo 4.0's open architecture lets you add a lot of power with just a few lines of code. You can add new features to the Komodo project system, such as RSync support or Rails development enhancements, which can be easily distributed to other users, or create your own plug-ins, Firefox-style.
Now you can enhance and extend the Komodo 4.0 architecture and win fantastic prizes!
Create a useful project template or XPI extension, then share it with other users on the Komodo Community site.
By far the easier route to go is through the use of the toolbox features and project templates. You can create macros, templates, snippets and/or run commands that implement an interesting capability. These features are documented in Help. There is a lot of power and capability hiding in that toolbox!
The Komodo Community site can help too: find examples, read FAQs, check out the forums, email questions to any of the Komodo email lists, or ask us.
How to Enter
- Join the Komodo Extensibility Challenge forum.
- Create your Toolbox Packages, Project and/or File templates, language syntax highlighters, etc., or create an XPI extension.
- Submit your work before the contest deadline: April 1, 2007.
- Vote for your favorites. The Komodo Dev Team will choose a shortlist of top candidates and then open the polls to the community on Tuesday, April 10, 2007. Polls will be open for four weeks--lots of time to check them all out. Voting closes Tuesday, May 8, 2007.
- Win! Winners will be announced at RailsConf 2007 in Portland, Oregon.
Read the official contest rules.
Aside from gratitude and accolades from members of the Komodo community? Great stuff, including an Apple Nano and lots of iTunes music credits! (See the official contest rules for prize details.)
Be sure to watch the Komodo Community site for more.
We can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck!
The Komodo Dev Team.