XML/HTML autocomplete/calltip support, help browser, project templates and more
The sixth alpha release of Komodo 4.0 for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows is now available testing and feedback.
New in Komodo 4.0 Alpha 6
- XML/HTML Autocomplete/Calltip Support. Based on DTD or RelaxNG Schema; SGML Catalog and XML Catalog support. Known issues:
- Unable to configure additional catalogs; complete in beta 1. Current catalog includes: Docbook 4.4, XMLCatalog, VoiceXML, WML (Wap), HTML, HTML 2, HTML 3.2, HTML 4.0, HTML 4.0.1, MathML 2, SVG 1.0, SVG 1.1, XHTML 1, XHTML 1.1, SMIL, SMIL 2.0, ATOM, RDF, Dublin Core Metadata, RelaxNG, XML Schema, XSLT 1.0
- Performance issues still present; in scope for beta 1.
- Help Browser. Komodo now uses the help component in Mozilla for displaying help.
- Project Templates. Templates can be created and used with new projects.
- Project Settings. All project settings are now moved to the Project Properties dialog, which has been redesigned for use by any properties dialog for files, folders, and projects.
- DOM Viewer. Shows DOM tree for current buffer if it is an XML/HTML file.
New in Previous Komodo 4.0 Alphas
- HTTP Inspector. Examine HTTP requests and responses as they happen.
- Live Import. Projects can now automatically act as a Live Folder.
- SFTP/SCP Remote File support. Configure SFTP/SCP the same way you would configure FTP.
- Vi Bindings. Configure Komodo to work with vi bindings.
- SCC History. View history on a file, and diff between revisions.
- User-Defined Languages (UDL). Improved support for multi-language files such as Ruby on Rails RHTML.
- CSS completion.
For a full list of changes, see the release notes installed with the alpha.
How to Participate
The Komodo Team,