- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
- Professional Services
- Commercial Support
- Code Recipes
Submitted by samanthas on Tue, 2014-03-25 06:30
Stackato helps enterprises ensure availability of applications across multiple data centers and hybrid clouds (on premise or public), delivers auto-scaling, ease of use and greater security for applications
Vancouver, BC, March 25, 2014 – ActiveState’s Stackato® 3.2 helps improve the security and availability of enterprises’ information assets. Stackato serves the needs of enterprise IT for accelerated application deployment and equips developers to innovate with the cloud. Version 3.2 of Stackato incorporates important enhancements and a number of new features such as automatic application scaling and single sign-on (SSO) capabilities with enhanced security controls.
“Mobile device proliferation and web app usage are driving enterprise IT to increasingly leverage the cloud to build out new applications that cater to an integrated user experience, continuous delivery and scalability,” said Jeff Hobbs, CTO and VP, Engineering, ActiveState. “Enterprises who successfully modernize their in-house offerings, and the pioneers first to market with entirely new apps, are able to overcome IT bottlenecks and manage the deployment of applications in view of governance, compliance and security protocols. Stackato is the solution our customers rely on to build, scale and monitor all applications, eliminate barriers and accelerate time to market. This new release strengthens the reliability and security of our customers’ applications in the cloud.”
Stackato provides the cloud governance and agility that enterprises require, alongside development, deployment, and monitoring tools for next generation innovation. New features and benefits of Stackato 3.2 include:
- Placement Zones & Availability Zones: Flexibility to ensure application instances are distributed across multiple data centers and/or on specific sets of Droplet Execution Agent (DEA) machines (such as those on higher performing hardware or in restricted networks).
- Application Auto-Scaling: Automatically ensures availability of applications during peak usage periods, while ensuring that resources are being used efficiently by scaling instances down when not required.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for Applications: Enforces organizations’ security requirements by requiring users to be authenticated before accessing applications, even on a publicly accessible network not protected by VPN, without having to customize each individual application.
- More Granular User Permissions: Provides administrator with enhanced control over permissions and fosters compliance with organization's security requirements.
- Additional Dashboards: Provides administrator with four new dashboard views showing a summary of used, allocated, and available memory across their cluster, usage across all available DEAs, and usage by Placement and Availability Zone.
- Auto-Scaling CloudStack: Automatic resource scaling of Stackato for CloudStack and Citrix CloudPlatform users.
- Kato Patch Enhancements: Apply security and other patches to multi-node Stackato environments without application downtime and ability to revert patches if desired.
- Application Description Meta-Tags: Helps IT administrators better understand the function of applications that developers have deployed.
- Oracle RDS Support: Amazon RDS for Oracle as an optional data source.
- Web UI Enhancements: Dozens of enhancements to the web UI make it even easier to get started with and use Stackato.
- Cloud Foundry Upstream Merge: Merged with the latest stable code from Cloud Foundry open source to ensure that improvements and security enhancements from the community exist in Stackato.
Stackato 3.2 will be available for download at the end of March: http://www.stackato.com/download
ActiveState will host a webinar on Thursday, March 27 at 10 a.m. PST / 1 p.m. EST, "Improving the Reliability and Security of Your Cloud Applications with Stackato." The webinar will demonstrate and discuss the new features of Stackato 3.2. Register online by visiting: bit.ly/1mg7go5
- The new Stackato video: http://youtu.be/nYNRXlBfNmQ
- Learn more about Stackato 3.2
- Visit the ActiveBlog
- Follow ActiveState on Twitter: @ActiveState
ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that prevent them from doing so. The Company is uniquely positioned to help address these challenges through our experience with enterprises, people and technology. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications written in Java, Perl, Python, Node.js, PHP, Tcl and other dynamic languages. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens and Lockheed Martin trust ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance and reduce time to market. To learn more visit, ActiveState.com.
ActiveState Public Relations
samanthas [at] activestate [dot] com