- Developer Tools
Webinar: Application Reliability and Security with Stackato 3.2
The new release of Stackato provides powerful changes to help enhance the reliability, security and administration of your applications. Learn about Stackato 3.2 features including Placement & Availability Zones, application auto-schaling and SSO authorizing for applications.
451 Research Report
Webinars and Videos
How to Maximize Your Cloud Investment with a Private PaaS
Ho Ming Li, Cloud Solutions Architect, and Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead
Learn what a private PaaS is, how it differs from cloud orchestration software, and how enterprises are using private PaaS to get more benefits from their existing cloud infrastructure.
Stackato and the Cloud Foundry Ecosystem
Technology Evangelists Phil Whelan and John Wetherill
With the release of Cloud Foundry v2 and the recent formation of the Cloud Foundry foundation, Cloud Foundry is becoming the de facto open source PaaS. Learn about ActiveState's role in the Cloud Foundry ecosystem, the Cloud Foundry Community Advisory Board (CAB) and other developments.
The Power of Buildpacks in PaaS
John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
Buildpacks are the primary method for deploying applications in Stackato. Developed by Heroku, buildpacks are part of the Cloud Foundry v2 architecture. Learn how buildpacks work and why they are important.
Modern Application Development using Stackato and Nebula
Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and Gabriel Hurley, Platform Team Manager, Nebula, Inc.
In the age of scalable, elastic cloud infrastructure, six months to build and deploy an application is simply too long. This webinar shows how Stackato and Nebula enable you to build an application once and seamlessly deploy it across clouds in minutes.
See more webinars ▸
- What's New in Stackato 3.0 (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins and Stackato (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Get Mobile Enterprise Apps to Market Faster (Registration required) — Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and John Frizelle, Chief Architect, FeedHenry
- Kickstart Developer Productivity on Citrix CloudPlatform with Stackato PaaS (Registration required) — Geralyn Miller, Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager, Citrix and John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState
- Workshop: PaaS in an Hour — Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Flexible PaaS: Stackato for the Agile Enterprise — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Secure Cloud with Stackato Private PaaS — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Scalability: Delivering the Promise of the Cloud — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Advanced Scaling Techniques with PaaS — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Application Portability Made Easy — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Call to Arms for Private Cloud Builders — Randy Bias, Co-Founder and CTO, Cloudscaling and John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState
- PaaS in the Real World — David Linthicum, SVP of Cloud Technology Partners and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- Making the Case for Private PaaS — ExactTarget's Principal Product Manager and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- The New Economics of Private Cloud — Joe Weinman, author of "Cloudonomics: The Business Value of Cloud Computing" and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- Practical Steps to Hybrid Cloud — Jo Maitland, Principal Research Director, GigaOM and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
Stackato Helps Dev and IT Work Together More
Effectively and Efficiently
Effectively and Efficiently
Overview: The Promise of the Cloud, Delivered
Private PaaS 101
For the real-world enterprise, the cloud promises flexibility, efficiency and convenience. Learn how private PaaS enables the benefits of the cloud while preserving the order of on-premise IT.
The CIO's Guide to Platform-as-a-Service
To maximize return on their cloud infrastructure, enterprises are looking at PaaS as a way to gain a competitive advantage - getting applications to market faster and encouraging innovation.
Stackato PaaS Architecture
This high level overview shows how the parts of a Stackato PaaS work together to provide quick, automatic configuration of application environments and efficient use of computing resources.
Best Practices for PaaS Implementation
Like any IT project, the success of a private PaaS implementation requires a combination of the right people, processes and technologies. This paper outlines some best practices based on successful implementations with clients.
Set up Stackato on your IaaS
Achieve Continuous Delivery
Secure Cloud Applications
Connect with Citrix CloudPortal
DIY vs. Buy: The True Cost of Open Source
ExactTarget Drives Innovation with Stackato
Global Wireless Technology Leader Reduces Time to Market
Upholding the Open Web with PaaS: An Interview with Mozilla's Chris Turra
How to download and set up the Stackato micro cloud — a stand-alone instance of Stackato that is functionally identical to a full Stackato cluster.
Installing the Client
How to install the Stackato Client, a CLI that enables you to push applications directly from your computer to your Stackato server.
Creating a Custom App Store
Add your own custom app store to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud with the simple use of a YAML file — giving developers shared access to a variety of applications.
Deploying and Scaling Apps
This video demonstrates how you can easily deploy and scale applications to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud.
Monitoring a Cluster
Monitoring the health of your applications and state of your clusters is easy with internal views such as the Dashboard and Cloud Events pages, third-party applications like New Relic, and our Logyard logging system.
This video demonstrates the settings overview and shows all available applications, services and role settings in Stackato.
Using Heroku Buildpacks
Learn how Stackato uses Heroku Buildpacks. When you push an application, Stackato's Droplet Execution Agent (DEA) prepares your application inside a Docker container for deployment.
The cluster administration page in the Stackato web console shows all of the connected nodes in the cluster. From here, you can view all of the available nodes as well as their enabled or disabled roles.
Organizations and Spaces
Organizations and Spaces are the main organizational units in which applications, services, domains, routes and users are contained. This video provides an overview of this new feature in Stackato.
More Developer Resources
- Docs for Users and Admins
- Community Forums
- Stackato Apps on Github
- IRC — #stackato on the freenode network