- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Webinar: 10 Steps to the Cloud
Join Phil Whelan and Troy Topnik as they walk through 10 steps IT organizations can take when adopting cloud technologies. From starting small, and gaining expertise, to rolling out IaaS, PaaS and continuous integration.
451 Research Report
Webinars and Videos
Orchestrating Docker Across Your Cloud
Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Solution Architect
Containerization is the future of software deployment. Docker provides an elegant way to package the world into portable entities and provides a growing number of additional features. But Docker is a building block. When you reach a high scale and plan for distribution and redundancy, you start to see that more is needed.
Bringing Your Legacy Apps to the Cloud
Ho Ming Li, Cloud Solution Architect, and Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist
Getting your new applications into the cloud is a relatively simple procedure. However, enterprises are faced with a large number of existing applications in their current portfolio that may not be quite ready for the new cloud world. Watch the webinar to find out more.
Improving Application Reliability and Security with Stackato 3.2
John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
The new release of Stackato provides powerful changes to enhance the reliability and security of your applications. Learn how to distribute application instances to specified data centers or machines and get more control over application environments.
Workload Portability: Using PaaS to Achieve the Vision of Hybrid Cloud
Bernard Golden, Vice President of Strategy, ActiveState
This presentation discusses the challenges presented by traditional visions of hybrid cloud computing and how they can be addressed by focusing on the application layer rather than the infrastructure layer.
See more webinars ▸
- Modern Application Development using Stackato and Nebula (Registration required) — Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and Gabriel Hurley, Platform Team Manager, Nebula, Inc.
- The Power of Buildpacks in PaaS (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- What's New in Stackato 3.0 — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins and Stackato — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Get Mobile Enterprise Apps to Market Faster (Registration required) — Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and John Frizelle, Chief Architect, FeedHenry
- Kickstart Developer Productivity on Citrix CloudPlatform with Stackato PaaS (Registration required) — Geralyn Miller, Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager, Citrix and John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState
- Workshop: PaaS in an Hour — Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Flexible PaaS: Stackato for the Agile Enterprise — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Secure Cloud with Stackato Private PaaS — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Scalability: Delivering the Promise of the Cloud — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Advanced Scaling Techniques with PaaS — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Application Portability Made Easy — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Call to Arms for Private Cloud Builders — Randy Bias, Co-Founder and CTO, Cloudscaling and John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState
- PaaS in the Real World — David Linthicum, SVP of Cloud Technology Partners and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- Making the Case for Private PaaS — ExactTarget's Principal Product Manager and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- The New Economics of Private Cloud — Joe Weinman, author of "Cloudonomics: The Business Value of Cloud Computing" and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- Practical Steps to Hybrid Cloud — Jo Maitland, Principal Research Director, GigaOM and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
The Missing Platform in Your Software Launch
The Promise of the Cloud, Delivered
Cloud Security with Stackato
As companies now begin to consider moving beyond simple Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud computing, the same security concerns are now applied to the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments they evaluate.
The CIO's Guide to Platform-as-a-Service
To maximize return on their cloud infrastructure, enterprises are looking at PaaS as a way to gain a competitive advantage - getting applications to market faster and encouraging innovation.
Stackato PaaS Architecture
This high level overview shows how the parts of a Stackato PaaS work together to provide quick, automatic configuration of application environments and efficient use of computing resources.
Best Practices for PaaS Implementation
Like any IT project, the success of a private PaaS implementation requires a combination of the right people, processes and technologies. This paper outlines some best practices based on successful implementations with clients.
Set up Stackato on your IaaS
Achieve Continuous Delivery
Stackato Overview: What's Included
Connect with Citrix CloudPortal
DIY vs. Buy: The True Cost of Open Source
ExactTarget Drives Innovation with Stackato
Global Wireless Technology Leader Reduces Time to Market
Upholding the Open Web with PaaS: An Interview with Mozilla's Chris Turra
How to download and set up the Stackato micro cloud — a stand-alone instance of Stackato that is functionally identical to a full Stackato cluster.
Installing the Client
How to install the Stackato Client, a CLI that enables you to push applications directly from your computer to your Stackato server.
Creating a Custom App Store
Add your own custom app store to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud with the simple use of a YAML file — giving developers shared access to a variety of applications.
Deploying and Scaling Apps
This video demonstrates how you can easily deploy and scale applications to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud.
Monitoring a Cluster
Monitoring the health of your applications and state of your clusters is easy with internal views such as the Dashboard and Cloud Events pages, third-party applications like New Relic, and our Logyard logging system.
This video demonstrates the settings overview and shows all available applications, services and role settings in Stackato.
Using Heroku Buildpacks
Learn how Stackato uses Heroku Buildpacks. When you push an application, Stackato's Droplet Execution Agent (DEA) prepares your application inside a Docker container for deployment.
The cluster administration page in the Stackato web console shows all of the connected nodes in the cluster. From here, you can view all of the available nodes as well as their enabled or disabled roles.
Organizations and Spaces
Organizations and Spaces are the main organizational units in which applications, services, domains, routes and users are contained. This video provides an overview of this new feature in Stackato.
More Developer Resources
- Docs for Users and Admins
- Community Forums
- Stackato Apps on Github
- IRC — #stackato on the freenode network