- Developer Tools
Stackato Blog Posts: News and Technical Tips
Read Stackato announcements and get technical tips directly from our engineers on our blog.
- Continuous Delivery: The Platform-as-a-Service Component (PDF)
- How Stackato Works with Your IaaS (PDF)
- Cloud Security with Stackato Private PaaS (PDF)
- The Stackato Connector for Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager (PDF)
- DIY vs BUY: The True Costs of Open Source Cloud (PDF)
- Create a Private PaaS on Top of Your Cloud Infrastructure (PDF)
- Create a Private PaaS on Top of Your VMware Infrastructure (PDF)
- Get Real-Time Performance Monitoring with Stackato and New Relic (PDF)
- Introducing the Stackato Services Series￼ (PDF)
- 451 Research: ActiveState's Stackato 3.0 Keeps the Cloud Foundry PaaS Burning Hot (PDF)
- Best Practices for a Private PaaS Implementation (PDF)
- CIO's Guide to Platform-as-a-Service: Streamline the Application Development Process and Accelerate the Time to Market with a Private PaaS (PDF)
- Cloud Portability: PaaS Delivers the Holy Grail (PDF)
- The USA Patriot Act and Your Data: Making the Case for Enterprise Private Cloud (PDF)
- Extending your VMware Cloud Infrastructure with a Private Platform-as-a-Service (PDF)
- Stackato PaaS Architecture: How it works and why (PDF)
- NEW The Power of Buildpacks in Platform-as-a-Service featuring John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- How to Maximize Your Cloud Investment with a Private PaaS featuring Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- What's New in Stackato v3.0: The Platform for the Agile Enterprise featuring John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- Modern Application Development Using Stackato and Nebula featuring Phil Whelan, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Gabriel Hurley, Platform Team Manager, Nebula
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins and Stackato featuring Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState and John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState
- Get Your Mobile Enterprise Apps to Market Faster featuring Phil Whelan, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and John Frizelle, Chief Architect, FeedHenry
- A Flexible PaaS: Stackato for the Agile Enterprise featuring John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- A Secure Cloud with Stackato Private PaaS featuring John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- Kickstart Developer Productivity on Citrix CloudPlatform with Stackato Platform as a Service featuring John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Geralyn Miller, Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager, Citrix
- Advanced Scaling Techniques with PaaS featuring John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- Scalability: Delivering the Promise of the Cloud featuring John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- PaaS in an Hour featuring Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- PaaS in the Real World featuring David Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners and Bart Copeland, CEO, ActiveState
- Application Portability Made Easy featuring John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer, ActiveState
- Call to Arms for Private Cloud Builders featuring Randy Bias, Co-Founder and CTO, Cloudscaling and John Wetherill, Developer Evangelist, ActiveState
- Making the Case for Private PaaS featuring Dale McCrory, Principal Product Manager, Fuel Platform, ExactTarget and Bart Copeland, CEO, ActiveState
- The New Economics of Private Cloud featuring Joe Weinman, author of "Cloudonomics: The Business Value of Cloud Computing" and Bart Copeland, CEO, ActiveState
- Practical Steps to Hybrid Cloud featuring Jo Maitland, Principal Research Director, GigaOM and Bart Copeland, CEO, ActiveState
- Stackato Overview: A Private PaaS on a Micro Cloud, vSphere, or Amazon EC2
- Why Private PaaS Is Not an Oxymoron featuring Patrick Chanezon, VMware
- Application Portability in the Cloud: PaaS Delivers Holy Grail
- USA Patriot Act: Making the Case for Enterprise Private Cloud
- Implementing Private PaaS for a Secure Enterprise Cloud featuring John Rymer, Forrester Research
- Private PaaS for the Enterprise: Myth or Reality? featuring John Burke, Nemertes Research
A brief overview showing how to download and get started using Stackato. The video shows how to set up and start your first Stackato Micro cloud. A Micro Cloud is a stand-alone instance of Stackato running in a single Virtual Machine. This lets you push your apps to an environment that is functionally identical to a full Stackato cluster.
Stackato: Installing the Client
A guide to installing the Stackato client. The video demonstrates the installation of the Stackato Client, a CLI that will enable you to push applications directly from your computer to your Stackato server.
Stackato: Creating a Custom App Store
This video demonstrates how ActiveState has made it easier for developers to add your own custom app store to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud, with the simple use of a YAML file.
Stackato: Deploying and Scaling Applications
This video demonstrate how a user can deploy applications to their Stackato cluster or micro cloud.
Stackato: Monitoring a Cluster
Monitoring your Stackato cluster or micro cloud is very simple. With internal views such as the Dashboard and the Cloud Events pages, third party applications like New Relic, and with our logging system, aptly named Logyard, you will be able to check how healthy your applications are, and what state your cluster is currently in.
Stackato: Settings Overview
This video demonstrates the settings overview and shows all available applications, services, and role settings in Stackato
Stackato: Using Heroku Buildpacks
The video provides an overview of how Stackato uses Heroku Buildpacks. When you push an application, Stackato’s Droplet Execution Agent (DEA) prepares your application inside a Docker container for deployment.
Stackato: Cluster Administration
The cluster administration page in the stackato web console shows all of the connected nodes in the cluster. From here, you can view all of the available nodes as well as their enabled or disabled roles.
Stackato: Organizations and Spaces
Organizations and Spaces are the main organizational units in which applications, services, domains, routes, and users are contained. The video provides an overview of this new feature in Stackato.
Stackato: Web Console Views
A Stackato user will see slightly different things depending on whether they are logged into a micro cloud or a cluster, and whether they are an admin or a non-admin user. This video provides an overview of the Web Console views in Stackato.
Stackato with Eclipse and Spring Tool Suite (STS)
An overview of how to use Spring Tool Suite (STS) and Eclipse to deploy applications to Stackato
Komodo IDE and Stackato
Use Stackato and Komodo (ActiveState's cross-platform mutli-language IDE) together to deploy applications and inspect the automatically provisioned databases.
Stackato on HP Cloud Services
Deploy an application to a locally running "micro cloud" then re-target and deploy the same application to a Stackato cluster running on HP Cloud Services.
It also show the new Stackato interface in Komodo IDE 7 and touches briefly on the use of the 'stackato run' command and post-staging hooks.