- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Enabling the Future of Applications: The Stackato Vision
Presenter: Bernard Golden, Vice-President of Strategy, ActiveState
The pace of change in our economy is accelerating remorselessly. Is your company keeping up? Bernard Golden discusses how Stackato enables the future of applications so your company won't be left behind. Watch the video to learn more.
Get Started with Microservices and PaaS
Presenters: John Wetherill, ActiveState Technology Evangelist, and Phil Whelan, ActiveState Technology Evangelist
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is an essential component of the microservices toolset. It can accelerate and facilitate microservices development and help you achieve your goals of agile and flexible development. Join John Wetherill and Phil Whelan as they discuss how to practically implement microservices in your organization using PaaS.
Enterprise PaaS Evaluation Guide
IT Guide to PaaS
PaaS: The Foundation of Enterprise DevOps
Workload Portability: Using PaaS to Achieve the Vision of Hybrid Cloud Computing
Webinars & Videos
Microservices Tips & Tricks
Phil Whelan, Software Architect and John Wetherill Technology Evangelist
Microservices based architectures are in the spotlight due to their powerful and sophisticated practices enabling streamlined application development and deployment. Transitioning to a this approach requires technical expertise and organizational buy-in. In this webinar, John Wetherill and Phil Whelan discuss a number of tips and tricks to help you transition to and get the most out a microservices based approach.
PaaS: How to Complete the Vision of Virtualization
Bernard Golden, VP of Strategy, ActiveState and Rodney Brown, Editor, The Mobility Hub
Virtualization and cloud computing has had an enormous impact on enterprise IT. They have enabled greater utilization of infrastructure resources, portability of execution environments, and better infrastructure economics. However, neither has fully realized the true value of IT in terms of cloud application management. PaaS represents the future of virtualization and cloud computing, and delivers on the promise of application value.
Aspect of Microservices: Rolling Upgrades and Fall Back Using PaaS
Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and John Wetherill Technology Evangelist
The arrival of microservices architecture heralds a new era in application development. Instead of the traditional monolithic processes, applications are comprised of a number of small, independent composable services. In this webinar, John Wetherill and Phil Whelan discuss rolling upgrades and fallback, and how they are simplified and facilitated by PaaS.
Orchestrating Docker Across Your Cloud
Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Solution Architect
Containerization is the future of software deployment. Docker provides an elegant way to package the world into portable entities and provides a growing number of additional features. But Docker is a building block. When you reach a high scale and plan for distribution and redundancy, you start to see that more is needed.
See more webinars ▸
- What's New in Stackato 3.6 (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState, Phil Whelan, Software Architect, ActiveState
- Microservices 101 John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist at ActiveState
- High Availability and Scalability in the Cloud John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist at ActiveState, Shawn Madden, Product Manager at Piston Cloud
- Docker is Not Enough (Registration required) — Bart Copeland, CEO, ActiveState
- Continuous Delivery in the Cloud (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist at ActiveState, Marco Abis, Founder of HighOps, David Farley, founder and director of Continuous Delivery Ltd.
- Instant Cloud with Stackato Cloud Foundry & Mirantis OpenStack — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist at ActiveState, Georgy Okrokvertskhov, Architect at Mirantis
- Building a Stackato PaaS on Amazon EC2 (Registration required) — Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead and Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist
- What's New in Stackato 3.4 (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist
- Bringing Your Legacy Apps to the Cloud (Registration required) — Ho Ming Li, Cloud Solution Architect and Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist
- Microservices Not Monoliths--Using PaaS to Enable a Microservices Architecture (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist
- Workload Portability: Using PaaS to Achieve the Vision of Hybrid Cloud (Registration required) — Bernard Golden, Vice President of Strategy, ActiveState
- Modern Application Development using Stackato and Nebula (Registration required) — Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and Gabriel Hurley, Platform Team Manager, Nebula, Inc.
- The Power of Buildpacks in PaaS (Registration required) — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- What's New in Stackato 3.0 — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins and Stackato — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Get Mobile Enterprise Apps to Market Faster (Registration required) — Phil Whelan, Technology Evangelist and John Frizelle, Chief Architect, FeedHenry
- Kickstart Developer Productivity on Citrix CloudPlatform with Stackato PaaS (Registration required) — Geralyn Miller, Sr. Alliance Marketing Manager, Citrix and John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState
- Workshop: PaaS in an Hour — Troy Topnik, Technical Communications Lead and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Flexible PaaS: Stackato for the Agile Enterprise — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Secure Cloud with Stackato Private PaaS — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Scalability: Delivering the Promise of the Cloud — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Advanced Scaling Techniques with PaaS — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- Application Portability Made Easy — John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist and Ho Ming Li, Cloud Engineer
- A Call to Arms for Private Cloud Builders — Randy Bias, Co-Founder and CTO, Cloudscaling and John Wetherill, Technology Evangelist, ActiveState
- PaaS in the Real World — David Linthicum, SVP of Cloud Technology Partners and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- Making the Case for Private PaaS — ExactTarget's Principal Product Manager and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- The New Economics of Private Cloud — Joe Weinman, author of "Cloudonomics: The Business Value of Cloud Computing" and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
- Practical Steps to Hybrid Cloud — Jo Maitland, Principal Research Director, GigaOM and Bart Copeland, President & CEO, ActiveState
The Missing Platform in Your Software Launch
The Promise of the Cloud, Delivered
IT Guide to PaaS
The advent of cloud computing has changed the demands on traditional IT. Responding to market needs, scaling to demand, and enabling continuous application evolution is going to be the standard going forward for IT.
PaaS: The Foundation of Enterprise DevOps
The true goal of IT is to deliver increased business value through technology, companies need to focus on creating, delivering, and operating applications more efficiently. The DevOps movement is beginning to recognize how PaaS can help.
To meet the challenges of today’s digital economy, companies need to understand the workload portability choices available, what options they have, and the challenges they may face in application deployment.
Best Practices for PaaS Implementation
Like any IT project, the success of a private PaaS implementation requires a combination of the right people, processes and technologies. This paper outlines some best practices based on successful implementations with clients.
See more whitepapers ▸
Set up Stackato on your IaaS
Achieve Continuous Delivery
Stackato Overview: What's Included
Connect with Citrix CloudPortal
DIY vs. Buy: The True Cost of Open Source
Global Wireless Technology Leader Reduces Time to Market
Upholding the Open Web with PaaS: An Interview with Mozilla's Chris Turra
Service-Flow Delivers Ready-to-Use IT Service Integrations with Zero Downtime on Stackato
How to download and set up the Stackato micro cloud — a stand-alone instance of Stackato that is functionally identical to a full Stackato cluster.
Installing the Client
How to install the Stackato Client, a CLI that enables you to push applications directly from your computer to your Stackato server.
Creating a Custom App Store
Add your own custom app store to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud with the simple use of a YAML file — giving developers shared access to a variety of applications.
Deploying and Scaling Apps
This video demonstrates how you can easily deploy and scale applications to your Stackato cluster or micro cloud.
Monitoring a Cluster
Monitoring the health of your applications and state of your clusters is easy with internal views such as the Dashboard and Cloud Events pages, third-party applications like New Relic, and our Logyard logging system.
This video demonstrates the settings overview and shows all available applications, services and role settings in Stackato.
Using Heroku Buildpacks
Learn how Stackato uses Heroku Buildpacks. When you push an application, Stackato's Droplet Execution Agent (DEA) prepares your application inside a Docker container for deployment.
The cluster administration page in the Stackato web console shows all of the connected nodes in the cluster. From here, you can view all of the available nodes as well as their enabled or disabled roles.
Organizations and Spaces
Organizations and Spaces are the main organizational units in which applications, services, domains, routes and users are contained. This video provides an overview of this new feature in Stackato.
More Developer Resources
- Download the Stackato client
- Docs for Users and Admins
- Community Forums
- Stackato Apps on Github
- IRC — #stackato on the freenode network