- Developer Tools
Open source software is becoming increasingly pervasive in the enterprise today. It is easily accessible online and included in products without full visibility into the diverse set of licenses that govern its use and redistribution. Often times, development teams are not fully aware how open source impacts the level of intellectual property (IP) and legal risk exposure.
There are many developers who bristle at the very use of the term “intellectual property.” The Free Software Foundation (FSF) places it among “Phrases that are Worth Avoiding”. There are effective solutions to minimize the level of legal exposure stemming from open source software and continue to use it to propel innovation, accelerate time to market and gain a competitive advantage.
Join Van Lindberg, acclaimed lawyer from Haynes and Boone LLP and author of the popular book Intellectual Property and Open Source and Bart Copeland, President and CEO of ActiveState, the Dynamic Language Experts to:
- Understand the distinction between free software and open source software
- Learn about the concepts of copyright, patents, copylefts and trademarks
- Discover common open source licenses and their implications in enterprise development
- Gain practical knowledge on how to protect your code and avoid IP issues
- Get insights into effective commercial solutions to minimize legal exposure
Register here to watch this free webinar. Once registered, the video will play in the webpage.