ActivePerl: The Leading Perl Solution
The Perl programming language is the Swiss Army chainsaw of scripting languages, used by millions of developers for systems administration, networking and other essential applications. But as enterprises have grown to rely on Perl, so have they struggled with open source license compliance, security, support and maintaining consistent environments.
ActivePerl provides a complete Perl solution, proven and trusted for over 20 years. With all the Perl modules you need, curated and precompiled out of the box, and support from the open source language experts, ActivePerl lets your organization focus on progress with a Perl distribution that "just works".
ActivePerl is available in the following editions:
- Community Edition: Free for development and internal testing.
- Business Edition: Production use and commercial support for small environments.
- Enterprise Edition: Production use and priority support for large environments. Older Perl versions (5.6, 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, 5.18, 5.20), support for big iron (Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX), custom builds, consultation and legal indemnification.
- OEM Licensing: Royalty-free redistribution of ActivePerl in commercial applications.
Precompiled, Pre-verified and Pre-optimized
ActivePerl includes the top Perl packages, pre-verified to ensure against outdated or vulnerable versions, incompatibility and improper licensing. The packages are then incorporated through rigorous testing, patching and optimization to ensure compatibility and performance.
Build and ship faster with hundreds of included Perl modules:
- All you need for Perl development including CGI scripting, debugging, testing and other utilities
- Major ActivePerl components such as OLE Browser, PerlScript, Perl for ISAPI, PerlEx and Perlez
- Windows scripting with specific documentation for ActivePerl on Windows
- Access to the PPM Index for easy searching of an additional 10,000 third-party Perl modules
Key Features for Business and Enterprise
When you're ready to go into production, get the benefits of open source Perl along with the commercial support and quality assurance your organization needs.
Reduce Security Risks
Ensure security with the latest secure versions of Perl packages (i.e. the latest OpenSSL patch) and timely updates for critical issues.
Ensure License Compliance
Comply with your organization's open source policies against GPL and GNU licensing, and reduce risk with legal indemnification.
Commercial Support & Maintenance
Keep your IP out of public forums and get faster, more reliable help from the foremost Perl experts with guaranteed response times and Service-Level Agreements.
Enforce Code Consistency
Maintain consistency from desktop to production - Windows, macOS, Linux and big iron (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX).
Avoid Lock-In with Open Source
100% compatible with open source Perl so you can recruit skilled staff, ramp up faster and avoid lock-in.
Accelerate Time to Market
Spend less time setting things up and more time getting things done, with the top Perl packages precompiled and ready to go.
Get Started with ActivePerl
ActivePerl Community Edition is free to use in development and internal testing. What are you waiting for? Get started with the most trusted Perl distribution today.
Start developing for free on Windows, macOS and Linux