Python's easy-to-read nature and powerful analytics packages have made it a popular programming language for ensuring data quality, working with multiple data sources, and generating visualizations.
While the open source distribution of Python may be satisfactory for an individual, it doesn't always meet the support, security, or platform requirements of large organizations.
This is why organizations choose ActivePython for their big data processing and statistical analysis needs.
Pre-bundled with the most important packages Data Scientists need, ActivePython is pre-compiled so you and your team don't have to waste time configuring the open source distribution. You can focus on what's important--spending more time building algorithms and predictive models against your big data sources, and less time on system configuration.
Big Data Connectors and Analytics Packages, Security and Support
ActivePython is 100% compatible with the open source Python distribution, and provides the security and commercial support that your organization requires.
With ActivePython you can explore and manipulate data, run statistical analysis, and deliver visualizations to share insights with your business users and executives sooner--no matter where your data lives.
Data Science/Big Data/Machine Learning
- pandas (data analysis)
- NumPy (multi-dimensional arrays)
- SciPy (algorithms to use with numpy)
- HDF5 (store & manipulate data)
- Matplotlib (data visualization)
- Jupyter (research collaboration)
- PyTables (managing HDF5 datasets)
- HDFS (C/C++ wrapper for Hadoop)
- pymongo (MongoDB driver)
- SQLAlchemy (Python SQL Toolkit)
- redis (Redis access libraries)
- pyMySQL (MySQL connector)
- scikit-learn (machine learning)
- TensorFlow (deep learning with neural networks)*
- scikit-learn (machine learning algorithms)
- theano (deep learning with neural networks)
- keras (high-level neural networks API)
- cryptography (recipes and primitives)
- pyOpenSSL (python interface to OpenSSL)
- passlib (password hashing)
- requests-oauthlib (Oauth support)
- ecdsa (cryptographic signature)
- PyCryptodome (PyCrypto replacement)
- service_identity (prevents pyOpenSSL man-in-the-middle attacks)
Every organization is focused on security, but not every individual. Downloading a package quickly in order to get the job done is not uncommon, but it leaves companies very vulnerable. Has someone on your team used a package that was out-of-date or did not meet your company's security standards?
By using ActivePython there is no more guessing if your Python distribution has incorporated the latest OpenSSL patch or if an unvetted package has been downloaded from an unverified repository.
We update all included packages to the latest version with every Enterprise build as well as providing timely security updates for critical issues.
Having served Fortune 1000 companies for 20 years, we understand the security requirements of organizations like yours and give you the peace of mind you need.
Our Python experts answer your questions by email or phone, so you and your team don't have to rely on the open source community and public forums for help.
Versions and Platforms:
Our ActivePython builds and packages are consistent across all your enterprise operating systems whether they are on-premise or in the cloud. We offer support for the following versions and platforms:
- Support for 2.7, 3.5
- Support for Windows, Linux, Mac, and Big Iron (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX)
Greater Security, Reduced Risk
There are significant advantages to using the ActivePython distribution in your organization. ActiveState Enterprise Edition provides guaranteed technical support, legal indemnification and quality assurance. With Enterprise Edition, you'll enjoy the advantages of open source while minimizing the risks.
By using ActivePython, you and your team can:
- Ensure security of your models built in Python
- Meet open source license requirements of your organization
- Get support through private channels to keep your intellectual property and ideas safe
- Avoid vendor lock-in. ActivePython is a commercial distribution of Python that is 100% compatible and on-pace with the open source releases
- Share your use of ActivePython with your enterprise web application teams
With deep roots in open source, and as a founding member of the Python Foundation, ActiveState actively contributes to the Python community. We offer the convenience, security and support that your enterprise needs while being compatible with the open source distribution of Python.
*TensorFlow is available on ActivePython 2.7 for Linux and ActivePython 3.5 for Windows and MacOS; the Intel MKL is available on ActivePython 2.7 and 3.5 for Windows and Linux.