Komodo 6 includes support for the latest and greatest web technologies,like HTML5 and CSS3.
Komodo already provides a slew of great features for working with HTML, such as
- tag and attribute completions
- syntax checking
- a DOM Outline view (Komodo IDE)
- custom browser previewing
- matching tag highlighting
- inline CSS style completions (see below)
- multi language syntax coloring
- a sections list for easier navigation (Komodo IDE)
On top of these great features Komodo has added new tag and attribute completions for the HTML5 specific elements, like:
- <canvas />
- <video />
Upon opening HTML files, Komodo automatically detects HTML5 content from the "<!doctype html>" declaration at the top of the file, or you can also change the language to HTML5 through Komodo's statusbar.
CSS handling is already extremely helpful in Komodo, providing
- code intelligent completions and calltip information (screenshot below)
- syntax checking
- color preview on mouse over
- advanced css color editing
Komodo's CSS handling has been updated in order to provide completion and calltip information for the latest CSS specification - CSS3. As well as CSS3, Komodo now includes browser specific extensions as well. There is no need to rack your brain trying to remember all of the possibilities for Mozilla (-moz-), Webkit (-webkit-) and Internet Explorer (-ms-) ... ah, let Komodo do the remembering for you.
Here is a screenshot of Komodo 6 providing CSS completions for the webkit specific CSS extensions:
Komodo IDE 6 is on sale through November 15, 2010:
New single licenses start at $295 $245
Upgrades from Komodo IDE 5 start at $145 $95
Plus now you can add an annual Upgrades and Support Plan (NEW!) to your purchase for just $87: ensure you're always using the newest version of Komodo, and take comfort in knowing that our support team is here for you!