ActiveBlog

Vote for Komodo! Best Web Editor for Windows and Mac
by Sheila Rebellato

Sheila Rebellato, February 11, 2011

Vote Komodo IDE Best Web EditorHoorah! Thanks to your nominations, we're now officially in the running for the 2011's Readers' Choice Awards on About.com's Web Design/HTML Guide. We're up for nomination for both Best Web Editor Windows, and Best Web Editor Mac. We need your vote to win!

<3 Komodo? Vote here:

Komodo as Best Windows Web Editor

Komodo as Best Mac Web Editor

Thanks again for your support.

Haven't tried Komodo IDE yet? Komodo 6 (available for Windows, Mac and Linux, with per user licensing) has great new features for the latest and greatest web languages, including HTML 5 and CSS 3. Learn more about Komodo for Web Editing and download a free 21-day trial of Komodo IDE.

Category: awards, komodo
About the Author: RSS

Sheila Rebellato is our Marketing and Communications Manager, and her passion is communications within the high-tech field. With a background in software development, customer service, tech support and marketing, she's a well-rounded member of our sales and marketing team.

Comments

7 comments for Vote for Komodo! Best Web Editor for Windows and Mac

Komodo is really a good editor but also buggy before version 6.1. IME misbihavior still persists. App focus problem, incorrect closing tag recommendations, inconvenient auto complete etc...Why is it v6.1 instead of v.99 beta?

Despite all the bugs, I love Komodo editor. It's really promising. I love smart tab feature, syntax recognition, coming back to original editing position after text searching..

I think Komodo will finally rule the World by eating all the editor market. Good luck!

Sadly, I cannot vote for Komodo Edit on Windows or Mac.

I use it on linux (my exclusive development platform) at work and at home and would not trade it for anything else.

If you love it, then support it and vote. I use Komodo Edit on both Windows and Linux, and it behaves exactly the same on both platforms.

You'll have to ask About.com to include that category in future. ;)

Hi,

Komodo is really the best environment i've found even for my job wich is more oriented to front office developpment and design.

But unfortunatly you don't support mac PowerPC platform for your new versions.

And for my job i work on all plateforms (windows at work, ppc mac at home and Linux Debian in the train ;-) you've break my environment by stoping support for my plateform (sorry i can't buy a Mac Pro every 5 years at home => 3000€).

So don't say Komodo support all the plateforms : say "Komodo run on any x86 OS" or "Komodo run on every Intel processors Only"... thanks to the team i've learn something usefull about openSource products and compagnies like google, mozilla, oracle : contibuting, testing, loosing times in forums to promote and help is a lie... opensource is only an amazing marketing game not a way of life ;-) and communities just a e-mailing database.

Them's fightin' words. You've basically called us liars, so I feel compelled to respond.

But unfortunatly you don't support mac PowerPC platform for your new versions.

Neither does Apple. The current release of OS X runs only on Intel Macs and most current releases of software for OS X are built for Intel Macs only. Maintaining a build for a particular platform is not trivial, and we can't afford to do this for a platfom that is no longer supported by the operating system vendor.

So, I'm sorry you're stuck with a PowerPC Mac at home. So am I. Do you know what I run on it? Komodo IDE 5, and it works fine. If you have a Komodo IDE 5 license, you can still use it - nobody is taking anything away.

But let me turn the question around now, especially since you've called our community a sham. Why aren't you supporting Komodo for PowerPC. Why don't you get the Open Komodo sources and build an OS X PowerPC binary?

Sure, it won't be as easy as downloading a .dmg, and it may not build without extensive patches, but you are absolutely free to make your own binary and to share it with others - even to the point of making your own IDE or editor for PowerPC Macs if you want to. You can take the result of thousands of ActiveState developer hours, use it, modify it, and make it your own.

You're welcome.