It’s my favourite blog of the year - where I list the articles I found the most memorable, interesting, and educational from 2016 (in my humble opinion). Read on to find the winners (in no particular order)!
- R vs Python: A False Dichotomy
Do you need to choose between R or Python? Tom doesn’t think so.
- Coming Out of the Shadows: Getting Buy-In From Your IT Dept
In this blog, Jennifer discusses the spectre of shadow IT and the consequences it can have for large organizations.
- Top 11 Tips and Tricks for Komodo X
An updated tips and tricks for Komodo? Yes, please! Carey shares his favourites.
- Technical Debt in High Tech - A CEO’s Perspective
Bart discusses how technical debt can accumulate over time and hold companies back from achieving their goals.
- Getting Exposure For Your Open Source Project
Jeff shares practical tips on how get the word out on your open source projects.
- Tcl For Big Data: How I Recovered Millions of Transactions Using Tcl
In this blog, Shaun reminisces about the time Tcl helped him recover millions of transactions worth tens of thousands in revenue.
- Perl: Language, Community, and the Future
The Perl community is a big reason why Perl remains so vibrant and necessary. Tom elaborates on why and how.
- ActiveState 2016 Open Source Survey
What are our readers thoughts on open source? Find out in this blog/infographic!
- Tipping Point in Open Source Security
Enterprises rely on open source more and more, but how can they protect themselves from potential security issues?
- ActiveState: Open Source Languages Company
What is ActiveState up to? Find out in this blog!
Do you agree with this list? What were your favourites? Tweet us (@activestate) or share in the comments below!