- Developer Tools
Submitted by shannony on Tue, 2010-10-05 16:46
“We appreciate the enthusiasm from the development community around Komodo in general and for the development of Komodo 6 specifically,” said Jeff Hobbs, Director of Engineering at ActiveState. “Komodo’s reputation is already very strong as the go to multi-language, multi-platform IDE. With the launch of version 6, Komodo enables even faster development for everything it did in previous versions, as well as adding support for Python 3, HTML 5, and CSS 3.”
What's New in Komodo 6?
- HTML 5 and CSS 3: Komodo 6 now supports HTML 5 and CSS 3, two very popular and fast growing markup languages.
- Extended Multi-Language Support: Komodo 6 offers debugging, syntax checking, autocomplete and code browsing for dynamic languages including the new Python 3, Perl 5.12 and Tcl 8.6.
- Database Explorer and Expanded Database Support: Komodo 6 lets users easily explore local and remote database installations, including viewing and managing data. SQLite is supported out-of-the-box, with additional easy-to-install extensions for MySQL and Oracle. Support for each database is implemented as a Komodo extension, so integrationwith other databases can be easily added.
- New project system for easier navigation: A new file management system called “Places” provides a customized view of a user’s file system (local or remote) and provides easy live file management operations such as file editing, drag/drop copying, creation of new files and folders, and search.
- Faster performance: Komodo 6 is based on the same Mozilla sources as Firefox 3.5, resulting in much faster performance than previous editions. Switching, opening and closing tabs is much faster, as is startup and shutdown time.
- New Upgrades and Support subscription offering: For access to automatic, ongoing product upgrades and updates, plus priority email support, ActiveState now offers an annual Upgrades and Support subscription plan for Komodo IDE customers.
Komodo 6 starts at $295 but developers can save $50 per license through November 15, 2010.
ActiveState is the world leader in enabling companies to develop, manage, and distribute applications with dynamic languages. The company’s products and services for Perl, Python, Tcl and other web languages, are used by over 2 million developers and 97% of the Fortune 1000 to build and run applications from mission-critical to open source projects. ActiveState’s end-to-end solutions include development tools, language distributions, indemnification, OEM solutions, support and other services. With these, customers such as Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin are able to accelerate productivity, minimize risk, and ensure compliance. Find out more at www.ActiveState.com.
PR [at] activestate [dot] com