- Developer Tools
ActiveTcl Business Edition and ActiveTcl Enterprise Edition include our stable, supported, quality-assured Tcl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Tcl installation and quality-assured code.
When you're using Tcl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActiveTcl Business Edition and ActiveTcl Enterprise Edition offer significant time savings over open source Tcl for installing, removing, upgrading, and managing common Tcl modules.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check out our Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX. Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions includes:
- Precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation
- Core Tcl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through TeaPot*
- Extended documentation
Reduce Risk with a Commercially Supported Tcl
- Comply with corporate requirements to have supported open source products
- Rely on ActiveState's full license review including all precompiled third-party Tcl modules with assurances to minimize risk**
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage**
Save Time with Support from the Tcl Experts
With ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you save time and get to market faster.
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Tcl support team
- Count on Tcl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (see below for details)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions extend your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems+: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
Plus, get access to older Tcl versions across all platforms:
- Convenient, worry free access to Tcl 8.4 and 8.5, with the convenience to upgrade when the time is right
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any release version
- Access to Expect for Windows
- Cross-platform system administration and test automation installers
Support through community only***
$999 per server
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, check out the Compare Edition chart.
* Module/package availability varies by version and operating system. Please contact enterprisesales [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: Tcl%20platform%20and%20version%20supported%3F) (ActiveState sales department) for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.
*** Community Edition is only available "as-is" for the latest ActiveTcl versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with no support provided.