ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Perl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Perl installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Perl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Perl for installing, managing, and standardizing your Perl .
NOTE: If you are using ActivePerl for production, redistribution, on terminal servers, for thin client for app deployment (i.e. on MS Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp or File Servers), or for use on HP-UX/AIX/Solaris then ActivePerl Community Edition is not the right license for you. Please contact us regarding a Business Edition or Enterprise Edition License.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check our Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions include:
- Precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePerl 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, 5.18, 5.20, 5.22, 5.24
- Core Perl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Perl Package Manager (PPM)1
- Access to PPM Index for easy searching through an additional 10,000 third-party Perl modules
- Extended documentation
Business Edition licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Enterprise Edition licensing is on a custom, site-wide basis.
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Perl
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Perl modules with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
OpenSSL and Perl
We provide customized builds for older versions of ActivePerl that are linked against OpenSSL 1.0.2g. Some older modules in our Perl Package Manager are still linked against 1.0.0b but we are continually upgrading to 1.0.2g as modules are rebuilt. Note that the 1.0.0 OpenSSL branch is not vulnerable to Heartbleed.
Save Time with Support from the Perl Experts
With ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Perl support team
- Count on Perl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActivePerl Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
Business and Enterprise Editions provide access to older Perl versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to ActivePerl 5.24, 5.22, 5.20, 5.18, 5.16, 5.14, 5.12, 5.10, 5.8
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any version release
Although non-production use is permitted for free using our latest Community Edition versions, use of legacy versions on non-production and/or production machines requires a Business Edition or Enterprise Edition license. Please contact us for more details
From $1200 per instance/year
1 Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please see PPM or search PPM Index for current module availability. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
2 Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle. Business Edition is tested, precompiled, and quality assured but only the most recent versions of Perl are actively maintained; if you need access to advanced support or ongoing maintenance (i.e. security patches, bug fixes and new feature etc.), consider Enterprise Edition.
3 Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.
4 Legacy is defined as being any version of our languages that are not currently for offer via our online download page. i.e. ActivePerl 5.8, ActivePython 2.4, etc.