- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
- Professional Services
- Commercial Support
- Code Recipes
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Perl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Perl installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Perl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Perl for installing, managing, and standardizing your Perl .
Want Perl on the cloud? ActiveState Stackato enables you to deploy Perl applications on a private PaaS. Learn more.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check the Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions include:
- Precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePerl 5.20, 5.18, 5.16, 5.14, 5.12, 5.10, 5.8, 5.6
- Core Perl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Perl Package Manager (PPM)*
- Access to PPM Index for easy searching through an additional 10,000 third-party Perl modules
- Extended documentation
Business Edition licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Enterprise Edition licensing is on a custom, site-wide basis.
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Perl
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Perl modules with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
Save Time with Support from the Perl Experts
With ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Perl support team
- Count on Perl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActivePerl Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
Business and Enterprise Editions provide access to older Perl versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to ActivePerl 5.20, 5.18, 5.16, 5.14, 5.12, 5.10, 5.8 and 5.6
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any version release
Support through community only
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time***
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, see the Compare Editions chart.
* Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please see PPM or search PPM Index for current module availability. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle.
*** Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.