- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
- Stackato Training
- Professional Services
- Commercial Support
- Code Recipes
Looking for Perl 5.6, 5.8, 5.10 or 5.12?
If you are looking for older versions of Perl, you need ActivePerl Business Edition or Enterprise Edition, our commercial-grade Perl distributions that include commercial support and cross-platform access.
Official Perl community support for Perl 5.12 ended with the release of Perl 5.16.1. However, ActiveState will continue to support 5.12 for Business and Enterprise Edition customers, which is in-line with community support policies.
ActiveState recommends Perl 5.16 for new and ongoing development.
If you would like assistance in moving from any of these versions to a more recent version, please business-solution [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: Looking%20to%20upgrade%20Perl) (contact us) directly. We have Perl experts available to audit and migrate your code. You can find ActivePerl 5.14 in ActivePerl Community Edition. All versions are available for OEM bundling - request a quote for these options here.
Older Perl versions in Business and Enterprise Editions:
- Get convenient, worry free access to Perl 5.6, 5.8, 5.10 and 5.12 -- and have the convenience to upgrade when the time is right
- Available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any release version
Enlist commercial support for Perl at a price you can afford:
- Comply with requirements to have supported open source products
- Keep your development issues private
- Count on dynamic languages expertise at your fingertips at a minimal cost
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Additional support, including best practices guidance is available through ActivePerl Enterprise Edition. For advanced support and consulting, including custom builds, module customization, and development advice, ask us about our Consulting Services.
What's New in ActivePerl 5.16
What's New in ActivePerl 5.14
- The "unicode_strings" feature is now fully functional
- Exceptions are now more reliable
- The s/// substitution operator has a new non-destructive /r option to work on a copy of the string
- For list of all new features, see the ActivePerl 5.14 documentation
Plan on redistributing ActivePerl in your products? You'll need a different license. Learn more about ActivePerl OEM Licensing.
For further details, review the ActiveState Business Edition Support & License Agreement.