- Developer Tools
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Perl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Perl installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Perl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Perl for installing, managing, and standardizing your Perl .
Want Perl on the cloud? Stackato, new from ActiveState, is the application platform for creating a private PaaS. Learn more.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check the Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX. Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions includes:
- Precompiled Perl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePerl 5.16, 5.14, 5.12, 5.10, 5.8, 5.6+
- Core Perl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Perl Package Manager (PPM)
- Access to PPM Index for easy searching through an additional 10,000 third-party Perl modules
- Extended documentation
Reduce Risk with a Commercially Supported Perl
- Comply with corporate requirements to have supported open source products
- Rely on ActiveState's full license review including all precompiled third-party Perl modules with assurances to minimize risk***
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage***
Save Time with Support from the Perl Experts
With ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you save time and get to market faster.
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Perl support team
- Count on Perl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (see below for details)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions extend your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems+: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
Plus, get access to older Perl versions across all platforms:
- Convenient, worry free access to Perl 5.6 with the convenience to upgrade when the time is right
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any release version
Support through community only
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time***
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, check the Compare Edition chart.
* Community Edition is provided "as-is" for the latest ActivePerl versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with no support.
+ Version and module/package and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please see PPM or search PPM Index for current module availability. Please contact enterprisesales [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: Python%20platform%20and%20version%20supported%3F) (ActiveState sales department) for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Business Edition support services include support for the build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState’s product life cycle.
*** Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.