- Developer Tools
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions include our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Tcl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Tcl installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Tcl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActiveTcl Business Edition and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Tcl for installing, removing, upgrading, and managing common Tcl modules.
If you are using ActiveTcl for production, redistribution, on terminal servers, for thin client for app deployment (i.e. on MS Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp or File Servers), or for use on HP-UX/AIX/Solaris then ActiveTcl Community Edition is not the right license for you. Please contact us for Business Edition or Enterprise Edition options.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check out our Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions include:
- Precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActiveTcl 8.4, 8.5, 8.6
- Core Tcl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through TeaPot*
- Extended documentation
Business Edition licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Enterprise Edition licensing is on a custom, site-wide basis.
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Tcl
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Tcl modules with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
- We provide customized builds for older versions of ActiveTcl that are linked against OpenSSL 1.0.2d
Save Time with Support from the Tcl Experts
With ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Tcl support team
- Count on Tcl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActiveTcl Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
Business and Enterprise Editions provide access to older Tcl versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to Tcl 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any release version
- Access to Expect for Windows
- Cross-platform system administration and test automation installers
Support through community only***
$999 per OS instance/year
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time***
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, see the Compare Editions chart.
* Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle.
*** Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.