- Developer Tools
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions include our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Tcl distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Tcl installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Tcl on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActiveTcl Business Edition and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Tcl for installing, removing, upgrading, and managing common Tcl modules.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check out our Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX. Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions includes:
- Precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActiveTcl 8.4, 8.5, 8.6
- Core Tcl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through TeaPot*
- Extended documentation
Business Edition licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Enterprise Edition licensing is on a custom, site-wide basis.
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Tcl
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Tcl modules with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
Save Time with Support from the Tcl Experts
With ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Tcl support team
- Count on Tcl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActiveTcl Business and Enterprise Editions extend your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
Plus, get access to older Tcl versions across all platforms:
- Convenient, worry free access to Tcl 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any release version
- Access to Expect for Windows
- Cross-platform system administration and test automation installers
Support through community only***
$999 per OS instance/year
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time***
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, see the Compare Editions chart.
* Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle.
*** Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.