In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share some of the reasons why I and other Tclers use Tcl as our scripting language of choice.
Here's what other are saying on the Tcl Wiki:
And here's why I am thankful for Tcl, summarized in 5 points:
- It's unicode aware without any fuss for internationalization.
- Tcl gives me easy asynchronous networking support with callbacks.
- I get the wonderful GUI toolkit, Tk - the best and easiest GUI scripting tool (that Perl, Python, Ruby and other languages also use!)
- It let's me deploy easily with starkits.
- Its reliability over time (both in terms of runtime and language compatibility, even at the binary level with stubs).
Why are you thankful for Tcl this Thanksgiving?