Perl Dev Kit (PDK) provides essential tools for building and deploying Perl applications.
PDK includes versions of PerlApp and Filter Builder for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris*.
Windows developers can take advantage of additional features PerlSvc, PerlCtrl, PerlNET, PerlMSI, PerlTray, Graphical Debugger (32-bit only), and VBScript Converter.
PDK 9.5 supports Perl and ActivePerl 5.18, 5.20 and 5.22.
- Develop and deploy your Perl programs to anyone on any platform with PerlApp's new cross-platform wrapping.
- Deliver code as executables or as Windows Services, ActiveX components, .NET assemblies or in the System Tray.
- Easily create MSI files using Perl code.
- Enforce best-practices or personalized coding policies against your source code. Great for teams!
- Filter text interactively, with on-the-fly results.
- Jumpstart your transition from VBScript to Perl.
- Improve code performance and reliability through coverage experiments, hotspot analysis and data set comparisons.
- Find problems fast with the nimble Windows debugger.
Licenses are user-based, so a single license covers you across all the languages, platforms, and systems you use—at home, at work, or on your laptop at the coffee shop. And licenses include all point release updates (such as from Perl Dev Kit 9.1 to 9.3, etc), so you're always up to date. Nice, huh? Read the license agreement for details.
Pricing & Upgrades
- PDK starts at $395 US for all the languages, platforms, and systems you use.
- PDK team pricing: Save 20% on licenses when you get a 5-pack for $2075 (buy 4, get 1 free!).
Upgrade to PDK 9
Upgrade to ActivePerl Pro Studio
ActivePerl Pro Studio includes a license to Perl Dev Kit (PDK) and Komodo IDE, plus all upgrades for one year, in a single value-priced bundle.
- As an upgrade from PDK or Komodo IDE: starting at $268
- As a new purchase: $595 US.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote if you require 30 or more subscriptions.
GSA Contract Holder
US Government purchaser? If you are a US Government purchaser (federal or local/state agency), please note that ActiveState is a GSA Contract Holder (GSA #GS-35F-0097X). You can search for our products on the GSA Advantage site for GSA pricing, or contact us for a quote here or at 1.866.631.4581.
*PerlApp cross-platform wrapping targeting Solaris requires an ActivePerl Business Edition, Enterprise Edition or OEM License. Compare Editions.