- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Perl Dev Kit (PDK) provides essential tools for building and deploying Perl applications
PDK includes versions of PerlApp, Coverage Analyzer and Filter Builder for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, HP-UX* and Solaris*. PerlApp and Filter Builder are also available for AIX*.
Windows developers can take advantage of additional features PerlSvc, PerlCtrl, PerlNET, PerlMSI, PerlTray, Graphical Debugger (32-bit only), and VBScript Converter.
PDK supports Perl and ActivePerl 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16 and 5.18.
*PerlApp cross-platform wrapping targeting Solaris, AIX or HP-UX requires an ActivePerl Business Edition, Enterprise Edition or OEM License. Compare Editions.
- Develop and deploy your Perl programs to anyone on any platform with PerlApp's new cross-platform wrapping.
- Deliver code as executables or as Windows Services, ActiveX components, .NET assemblies or in the System Tray.
- Easily create MSI files using Perl code.
- Enforce best-practices or personalized coding policies against your source code. Great for teams!
- Filter text interactively, with on-the-fly results.
- Jumpstart your transition from VBScript to Perl.
- Improve code performance and reliability through coverage experiments, hotspot analysis and data set comparisons.
- Find problems fast with the nimble Windows debugger.
Licenses are user-based, so a single license covers you across all the languages, platforms, and systems you use—at home, at work, or on your laptop at the coffee shop. And licenses include all point release updates (such as from Perl Dev Kit 9.1 to 9.3, etc), so you're always up to date. Nice, huh? Read the license agreement for details.
Perl Dev Kit Datasheet (303kb PDF)
Perl Dev Kit for Teams Datasheet (322kb PDF)
PDK starts at $295 US for all the languages, platforms, and systems you use.
PDK team pricing: Save 20% on licenses when you get a 5-pack.
Upgrade to PDK 9
- Upgrades from PDK 8 start at $168 US
- Upgrades to PDK 9 are free to ActivePerl Pro Studio users
US Government purchaser? If you are a US Government purchaser (federal or local/state agency), please note that ActiveState is a GSA Contract Holder (GSA #GS-35F-0097X). You can search for our products on the GSA Advantage site for GSA pricing, or contact us for a quote here or at 1.866.631.4581.
Upgrade to ActivePerl Pro Studio
ActivePerl Pro Studio includes PDK, Komodo IDE, and Safari Books Online, plus all upgrades for one year, in a single value-priced bundle.
- As an upgrade from PDK or Komodo IDE: starting at $268
- As a new purchase: $595 US.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote if you require 30 or more subscriptions.
"Perl is a great language to get stuff done swiftly and powerfully. ActivePerl and the Perl Dev Kit are stupendous products."
— Roger Voss, Technology Integration Senior Developer, Internet Enrollment Solutions. Read more testimonials.