- Get Stackato
- Why a Private PaaS?
- Features & Benefits
- Stackato by Language
- Compare Editions
- Stackato & Cloud Foundry
- Developer Tools
Power your business with Perl, Python and Tcl
If you're using dynamic languages on production servers, then you need ActiveState Business Edition, the commercially supported edition of Perl, Python and Tcl for small and mid-sized development teams.
Business Edition provides commercial support with access to builds and repositories for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, plus older language versions.
It is ideal for finance, aerospace, defense, and government organizations that have small deployments of Perl, Python, or Tcl in internal business-critical applications. Compare editions and choose the solution that fits your needs.
Licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Each license provides:
Commercial Support at an Affordable Price
Troubleshooting via support forums costs you in labor time and unreliable results. With Business Edition support, you can ensure maximum productivity and uptime, as well as peace of mind.
- Comply with requirements to have supported open source products
- Keep your development issues private
- Count on dynamic languages expertise at your fingertips
- Free up development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Access to legacy versions across all platforms.
Use the version you need for existing applications, test your application against any release version, and have the freedom to migrate to newer versions when the time is right. The following versions are accessible through Business Edition:
- ActivePerl 5.6, 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, 5.18, 5.20
- ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- ActiveTcl 8.4, 8.5, 8.6
Fast and easy module management
- Find and install modules quickly and easily with access to the package manager for your respective language (PPM, PyPM and Teapot).
- Note: Module availability varies by language and version. Each package manager reflects the most up-to-date module availability.
Commercial Support Coverage
Support services include support for the build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis (dependent on ActiveState’s product life cycle) of Business Edition. It is limited to:
- Email support with 2-day response time
- 30-day installation & configuration support
- Correction and/or access to material errors, updates, upgrades, security advisories and bug fixes for the Software, when and if binary builds are available from ActiveState
- Online access to allow the Licensee to obtain Software patch level updates and to access available archival versions
Support services do not cover:
- Software design, system design, code development and other practices (see the Support and License Agreement)
- Third party software/modules/packages used in conjunction with ActiveState Business Edition
- Modifications to Business Edition, such as modified packages or modified source code
For further details, review the ActiveState Business Edition Support & License Agreement.
Enterprise Edition for Large Implementations
Additional support, including best practices guidance is available through Enterprise Edition. For advanced support and consulting, including custom builds, module customization, and development advice, ask us about Consulting Services.
US Government purchaser? If you are a US Government purchaser (federal or local/state agency), please note that ActiveState is a GSA Contract Holder (GSA #GS-35F-0097X). You can search for our products on the GSA Advantage site for GSA pricing, or contact us for a quote here or at 1.866.631.4581.