- Developer Tools
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Python distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Python installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Python on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Python for installing, managing, and standardizing your Python.
If you are using ActivePython for production, redistribution, on terminal servers, for thin client for app deployment (i.e. on MS Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp or File Servers), or for use on HP-UX/AIX/Solaris then ActivePython Community Edition is not the right license for you. Please contact us for Business Edition or Enterprise Edition options.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check our Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions include:
- Precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
- Core Python binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Python Package Manager (PyPM)*
- Access to PyPM Index for easy searching through an additional 7,000 third-party Python packages
- Extended documentation
Business Edition licensing is for each production or external-facing server, including virtual servers. Enterprise Edition licensing is on a custom, site-wide basis.
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Python
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Python packages with assurances to minimize risk (Enterprise Edition only)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (Enterprise Edition only)
Save Time with Support from the Python Experts
With ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Python support team
- Count on Python expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business' needs (Enterprise Edition only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Additional Python Modules
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions give you access to additional Python packages (Python modules) that are not available in ActivePython Community Edition. Modules available exclusively through Business and Enterprise Editions are:
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActivePython Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
Business and Enterprise Editions provide access to older Python versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any version release
Support through community only
$999 per OS instance/year
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time***
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, check out the Compare Edition chart.
* Module and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please see PyPM (Python Package Manager) or search PyPM Index for current module availability. Please contact ActiveState sales department for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Business Edition includes support for build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis dependent on ActiveState's product life cycle.
*** Enterprise Edition support response time guarantees: Critical - 2 bus.hrs, Severe - 4 bus.hrs, Minor - 1 bus. day. Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.