- Developer Tools
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Python distribution used by millions of developers around the world for easy Python installation and quality-assured code. When you're using Python on production servers or mission-critical applications, ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions offer significant time savings over open source Python for installing, managing, and standardizing your Python.
Want Python on the cloud? Stackato, new from ActiveState, is the cloud platform for creating your private PaaS. Learn more.
Not sure which edition is right for you? Check our Compare Editions chart.
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX. Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions includes:
- Precompiled Python distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, and 3.1*
- Core Python binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through Python Package Manager (PyPM)
- Access to PyPM Index for easy searching through an additional 7,000 third-party Python packages
- Full license review including all included third-party Python modules with assurances to minimize risk**
- Extended documentation
Reduce Risk with a Commercially Supported Python
- Comply with corporate requirements to have supported open source products
- Rely on ActiveState's full license review including all precompiled third-party Python packages with assurances to minimize risk**
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage**
Save Time with Support from the Python Experts
With ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions, you get the technical support you need so you save time and get to market faster.
- Comply with requirements to have supported open source products
- Keep your development issues private
- Count on dynamic languages expertise at your fingertips
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Additional Python Modules
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions give you access to additional Python packages (Python modules) that are not available in ActivePython Community Edition. Modules available exclusively through Business and Enterprise Editions are:
Additional Operating Systems
ActivePython Business and Enterprise Editions extends your ability to perform and develop application for the following additional operating systems*:
Support through community only
$999 per server
2-day response time
1 technical contact
Unlimited phone/email support
2-hour response time***
2 technical contacts
For more details on which edition is right for you, check out the Compare Edition chart.
* Version and module/package and platform availability vary by version and operating system. Please see PyPM (Python Package Manager) or search PyPM Index for current module availability. Please contact enterprisesales [at] activestate [dot] com (subject: Python%20platform%20and%20version%20supported%3F) (ActiveState sales department) for details on version and platform support for Business and Enterprise Editions.
** Indemnification and assurance on license review only provided in Enterprise Edition.
* Community Edition is only available "as-is" for the latest ActivePython versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with no support provided.