- Developer Tools
ActiveState has been the proud founding sponsor of the Python Software Foundation since its founding in 2001.
Millions of developers around the globe use Python's flexibility to build powerful web applications, applications for testing, build control and management, and more.
How can ActiveState make Python development easier for you?
ActivePython: The World's Best Python Distribution
ActivePython is the industry-standard, commercial grade Python distribution used by millions of developers around the world. ActivePython offers hassle-free implementation and significant time savings over open source Python for installing and managing common Python modules.
ActivePython comes precompiled and tested for easy out-of-the-box installation and includes core Python, common modules, the Python Package Manager (PyPM), with builds for Windows, Linux, Mac, AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
- ActivePython Community Edition: Free distribution, ideal for dev and test (note: Community Edition is not meant for production server use). Download >>
- ActivePython Business Edition:For use on production machines, or for organizations requiring commercial support. Includes access to archive/older versions of ActivePython.
- ActivePython Enterprise Edition: Ideal for large installations, and/or organizations requiring indemnification and advanced support; builds available for AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris.
- ActivePython OEM Edition: Companies re-distributing ActivePython within software applications should obtain an OEM license. Contact Us >>
Go to the Compare Editions Chart for more information.
Komodo IDE: Faster, Easier Python Development
Komodo IDE is ActiveState’s award-winning, professional development environment built on Python, for Python and other dynamic and web languages and frameworks.
Komodo helps Python developers write code faster and more accurately by offering:
- version control
- graphical debugging
- package manager integration
- multi-language syntax checking and highlighting
- Docker and Vagrant integration
- unit testing
- code intelligence
- code profiling
- code collaboration for team development
Fully extensible and customizable Komodo includes auto-complete, calltips, snippets, macros and other productivity-enhancing features for Python developers, and since Komodo is a powerful IDE for several languages, if you find yourself changing languages, you don’t need to change your IDE.
And, if you're programming in other languages in addition to Python, Komodo is a powerful IDE for several languages so you won't need to switch your IDE when you switch languages.
Download Komodo and start your free 21-day trial.
To learn more about our Python solutions, or to obtain a quote for our products, please contact us or call 1.866.631.4581 (778.786.1100 outside of North America).