- We’ve implemented tons of new improvements and sharpened code.activestate.com to make it the place to go for dynamic language and web development code recipes.
- ActiveState and O’Reilly worked in collaboration to deliver a site where developers can share best practices and recipes, make their life easier and become known in the community.
- And what’s even better is that the new code site serves as a portal to promote Python developers with the chance to include their most useful and innovative recipes in the 3rd edition of the upcoming O’Reilly Python Coobook!
We put a lot of love and care with code.activestate.com, making sure that we integrated feedback and insights from the community.
Thanks to all the contributors who voiced their opinions!
Here are a few of the cool features available in ActiveState Code:
- Improved usability and identification by community trends – Users can search recipes by number of views, age of recipe and user votes to quickly identify the most popular ones.
- Easy social sharing – Users can share recipes with colleagues and friends through Digg, Twitter, Delicious, Facebook and other social networking and bookmarking sites.
- Improved tagging – Including the addition of structured tags (also known as machine tags) to allow contributors to be more precise in how they tag and make searching for specific recipes more effective.