Vancouver, BC – December 17, 2014 – ActiveState, the leading independent Cloud Foundry and Docker based PaaS provider, today announced the release of Stackato® 3.4.2, integrating a number of enhancements including the latest updates from Cloud Foundry and Docker. Meeting the needs of today’s agile enterprises, Stackato allows for better flexibility, increased performance, and improved robustness.
“Stackato 3.4.2 is the most technologically advanced enterprise PaaS on the market today,” says ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland. “As we continue to push our technology forward, we are continuously innovating and supporting the growing needs of increasingly agile enterprises. Companies today are concerned with rapid innovation, streamlined application delivery, and seamlessly scaling to meet end-user demand. With this, they need a robust, flexible, and reliable platform that will grow with their business. Stackato continues to be the solution that companies can rely on to build, scale, deploy, and monitor applications.”
The Stackato platform provides enterprises with the tools, governance, and agility required to gain greater control and flexibility over the cloud. New features and benefits in Stackato 3.4.2 include:
- Cloud Foundry Upstream Merge: Stackato incorporates the latest stable code from the Cloud Foundry open source project ensuring the latest features, fixes, and enhancements are included.
- Docker 1.3: Stackato is now using the latest version of Docker; enhancing security, stability, and performance.
- More flexibility with Orgs and Spaces: Users are now able to reassign applications, spaces, and organizations. Users can assign an application to a different space or assign a space to a different organization.
- Quota management in console: Quota definitions can be managed and edited from the web console, therefore improving usability and providing visibility into quota limits.
- Toggle views: Users can toggle between admin and non-admin views within the web console. This allows administrators to provide clearer instructions and better troubleshooting to their end-users.
- Staging improvements: Users will now have an even better user experience when pushing applications. Stackato 3.4.2 includes significant improvements to error handling, and clearer error messages if problems do occur.
- Performance and Stability: Stackato has been thoroughly tested and hardened to ensure peak performance and stability even for the most vigorous and demanding environments.
ActiveState also announced today that TMC has named Stackato as a 2014 Cloud Computing Product of the Year Award winner.
The Cloud Computing Product of the Year Award, presented by Cloud Computing magazine, honors vendors with the most innovative, useful, and beneficial cloud products and services that have been brought to market in the past year.
“Recognizing leaders in the advancement of cloud computing, TMC is proud to announce Stackato as a recipient of the Cloud Computing Product of the Year Award,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “ActiveState is being honored for their achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market, while leveraging the latest technology trends.”
Stackato 3.4.2 is now available for download: http://www.stackato.com/download
- Learn more about Stackato 3.4.2
- ActiveState Joins the Cloud Foundry Foundation as Gold Member, see the announcement and blog here.
- For the easiest way to get started with Cloud Foundry, visit this page.
- Visit the ActiveBlog
- Follow ActiveState on Twitter: @ActiveState
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 – HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that prevent them from doing so. The Company is uniquely positioned to help address these challenges through our experience with enterprises, people and technology. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications written in Java, Perl, Python, Node.js, PHP, Tcl and other dynamic languages. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens and Lockheed Martin trust ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance and reduce time to market. To learn more visit, ActiveState.com.