VANCOUVER, British Columbia – February 19, 2001 – ActiveState, the leading provider of open source Internet programming software and services, today released the PerlEx 2.0 beta, a plug in for NT Webservers. The new version has Web Services support, which enables users to easily create and deploy SOAP components using Perl. Additional benefits for programmers are the efficient dispatch of SOAP calls and the ability to publish existing modules as Web Services.
Features of PerlEx 2.0 beta:
- Web services support. Easily build and deploy Web Services that utilize SOAP
- Script Caching. Eliminate startup time in your Perl CGI programs
- Script Encryption. Protection of your intellectual property
- Embedded Perl. Permits Perl code to be embedded in HTML files
- Compatible. Designed to work with ActivePerl 5.6
- Persistent data connections. Keep data connections open, dramatically improving performance speed in web applications
- Instrumentation tools. With the Windows NT Performance Monitor, you can monitor system resource usage and performance
- Fast. Speeds up your Perl CGI programs by as much as 50 times.