At ActiveState, it’s always been our mission to make open source easy for developers to use and enterprises to adopt. Over the past twenty years, millions of developers and 97% of the Fortune 1000 have adopted our Python, Perl and Tcl solutions.
Today, ActiveState is reinventing build engineering with an on-demand service that lets any developer automatically build, resolve dependencies and package any open source language for any operating system in just a few minutes.
It’s a Google-sized problem that is incrementally being realized via the ActiveState Platform. We’ll know we’re successful when:
“One out of every 16 open source download requests is for a component with a known vulnerability”
– Sonatype Inc.
“85% of audited applications (contain) components with license conflicts.”
– Black Duck Software
Trusted by Developers, Proven for the Enterprise
- 20+ years providing Fortune 500 companies with open source language distributions
- Founding member of the Python Software Foundation and contributing members to Perl and Tcl
- Employ open source contributors and experts
Read about our Commercial Support Offering.
- Commercial distributions of Python, Perl and Tcl, as well as Go and Ruby
- Support for recent and legacy versions of most languages, as well as Python 2
- 100% compatible with open source code
Refer to our best practices for Adding a New Language to your tech stack.
- Packages and dependencies are regularly patched for security vulnerabilities
- Well-supported and well-maintained packages are flagged for Enterprise Tier subscribers to allow compliance with corporate policy
- ActiveState managed distributions are license-checked to remove GPL packages and resolve licensing conflicts
Read about our Indemnification offering.