Open Source Observability: Breaking Down Security Silos
Visibility of open source vulnerabilities is now a bigger challenge than ever before. Open source libraries have become a growing target for hackers, and studies have shown that 80% of codebases are never updated once they’re created, exposing them to increased risk of attack.
But with software developers freely pulling components from public repositories, how do security leaders keep track of what’s in their environments? Having a siloed view of vulnerabilities across the enterprise makes it difficult to assess risk, prioritize efforts and remediate in a timely manner.
This webinar discusses steps towards achieving global open source observability – knowing where all vulnerabilities are deployed in your organization – so that you can eliminate silos and reduce your remediation time.
- Open source vulnerabilities and the software supply chain
- US Executive Order requirements to automate vulnerability remediation
- Shortcutting the remediation cycle of investigating, fixing, rebuilding, testing and redeploying software
We also demonstrate the latest features on the ActiveState Platform, such as:
- Getting a centralized view of all vulnerable packages
- Organizations – Empowering all team members to reduce risk with secure, reproducible open source runtimes
- Generating Software Bills of Materials (SBOMs) and signed attestations