We provide commercially supported language distributions for Perl, Python, and Tcl. Ready to move your project to production? Learn how Business Edition can power your business.
Power your business with ActiveState Business Edition
We offer the convenience, security and support that your organization needs, while being 100% compatible with the open source distribution.
Ensure maximum uptime of your business-critical applications with ActiveState Business Edition:
- Spend more time on coding, less time on configuration--our language distributions come pre-compiled with the most popular modules/packages and are easier to install and manage.
- Get extended language support and expertise at your fingertips--cross-platform support for current and legacy versions as well as email support for technical issues.
- Get applications to market faster and ensure consistency across environments--from dev to production, on-premise or cloud.
- Get the latest version of OpenSSL in our distribution and receive security fixes for the most recent builds
ActiveState Business Edition is best suited for small deployments of business-critical applications when you move your project into production, but don’t require advanced features like indemnification or enhanced SLA.
Still not sure which edition is right for you? Check our Compare Editions chart.
Business Edition Includes
Support services include support for the build, installation, usage, configuration, and diagnosis of Business Edition. What you get:
- Email support with 2-day response time (if you need faster response times for mission-critical applications, consider Enterprise Edition)
- 30-day installation & configuration support*
- Correction and/or access to material errors, updates, upgrades, security advisories and bug fixes
ACCESS TO CURRENT AND LEGACY VERSIONS**
Get the language version you need on the platform you want. Whether you’re using the latest version in production or require legacy versions for a stepped upgrade from your old code, ActiveState has the version you need. The following versions are available with Business Edition:
- ActivePerl 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16, 5.18, 5.20, 5.22, 5.24
- ActivePython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
- ActiveTcl 8.4, 8.5, 8.6
Our language distributions are available for the following platforms:
COMPLIMENTARY KOMODO IDE LICENSE
With Business Edition, you also receive our award-winning integrated development environment Komodo IDE at no additional cost.
License for Production Use:
ActiveState Community Edition languages give your developers the freedom to innovate and code without any time-limited trials. When your application is ready to move into production, get an annual ActiveState Business Edition subscription for each production or external-facing physical or virtual server.***
Looking for indemnification or installation on more than 10 servers/VMs? Learn more about Enterprise Edition
GSA Contract Holder
US Government purchaser? If you are a US Government purchaser (federal or local/state agency), please note that ActiveState is a GSA Contract Holder (GSA #GS-35F-0097X). You can search for our products on the GSA Advantage site for GSA pricing, or contact us for a quote here or at 1.866.631.4581.
*Support services do not cover:
- Software design, system design, code development and other practices (see the Support and License Agreement)
- Third party software/modules/packages used in conjunction with ActiveState Business Edition
- Modifications to Business Edition, such as modified packages or modified source code
** Please contact us for further clarification should you have any questions.
***Business Editions licenses are per language, per version, per server. For instance, if you need ActivePerl 5.10 and 5.18 and intend to use the software on 3 production servers, this constitutes six instances; 5.10 on servers 1, 2, 3, and 5.18 on servers 1, 2, 3