Tools For Developers
ActiveState has been creating innovative tools for developers for more than 20 years, including our popular open source language distributions and award-winning Komodo IDE.
All our dev tools are available for download for free from the ActiveState Platform.
Perl 5.32 is here!
A whole new way to install, work with and consume Perl from ActiveState, including:
- A unified, cloud-based toolchain for Linux & Windows
- Virtual environment support
- Pure open source licensing
ActiveState’s Open Source Languages Platform
The tools ActiveState uses to create our open source language distributions are now freely available for any developer to try out. Create Python, Perl, and Tcl builds – with just the language and packages you need to run your project – from source for Linux, Windows and macOS.
State Tool – ActiveState’s Command Line Tool
The State Tool is the Command Line Interface (CLI) for the ActiveState Platform. Use it to:
- Automatically set up runtimes for any environment, simplifying the Readme.
- Share secrets in a simple yet secure manner.
- Create cross-platform scripts.
Open Source Initiatives
ActiveState continues to be an active proponent for, contributor to, and supporter of open source initiatives.