In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I’d share some of the reasons why I and other Tclers use Tcl as our scripting language of choice.
Here’s what other are saying on the Tcl Wiki:
Tcl/Tk is too easy!
Is Tcl Different!
And here’s why I am thankful for Tcl, summarized in 5 points:
- It’s unicode aware without any fuss for internationalization.
- Tcl gives me easy asynchronous networking support with callbacks.
- I get the wonderful GUI toolkit, Tk – the best and easiest GUI scripting tool (that Perl, Python, Ruby and other languages also use!)
- It let’s me deploy easily with starkits.
- Its reliability over time (both in terms of runtime and language compatibility, even at the binary level with stubs).
Why are you thankful for Tcl this Thanksgiving?
Title photo courtesy of Element5 Digital on Unsplash.