ActiveTcl distributions include our precompiled, supported, quality-assured Tcl distribution for easy Tcl installation and quality-assured code. Download ActiveTcl Community Edition to get started in development for free.
When you’re using Tcl on nodes beyond software development use, including mission-critical applications, ActiveTcl offers significant time savings over open source Tcl for installing, removing, upgrading, and managing common Tcl modules.
New Modules Included in ActiveTcl 8.6.8
We’ve pre-bundled a number of Tcl modules in our ActiveTcl 8.6.8 release:
Crticl, TclSOAP, Snack, TkCon, BWidget, [incr Tk], Tcllib, TclX, Expect, Tls, Tklib, TkTable, Tclvfs, Metakit, Tbcload, Img, Treectrl, Wub, Nsf, Trofs, [incr widgets]
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Tcl
- Comply with corporate policy requirements to have supported open source products
- Full license review including all precompiled third-party Tcl modules with assurances to minimize risk (ActiveState Platform Enterprise Accounts)
- Protect your organization from legal risk with indemnification coverage (ActiveState Platform Enterprise Accounts)
- We provide legacy builds, older versions of ActiveTcl, that are linked against OpenSSL 1.0.2d
Tested, Timely and Compatible
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX in Enterprise Edition). Develop once and deploy successfully across your production environment.
- Precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActiveTcl 8.4, 8.5, 8.6
- Core Tcl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through TeaPot1
- Extended documentation
ActiveState Platform’s licensing is per node. See our pricing page for more information.
Save Time with Support from the Tcl Experts
ActiveState Platform accounts can also provide you with the technical support you need so you can save time and get to market faster.
- Keep your development issues private with direct access to our Tcl support team
- Count on Tcl expertise at your fingertips with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to meet your business’ needs (Enterprise Accounts only)
- Free up precious development time to focus on your core competencies
- Ensure maximum uptime for your business-critical applications
Extended Platform and Version Support
ActiveTcl Enterprise Edition extends your ability to develop applications for the following additional operating systems: Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
ActiveState Platform accounts of Team, Business and Enterprise provide access to legacy builds, older Tcl versions:
- Convenient, worry free access to Tcl 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6
- Benefit from the ability to test your products against any release version
- Access to Expect for Windows
- Cross-platform system administration and test automation installers
Although software development use is permitted for free using our latest Community Edition versions, use of legacy builds beyond development use will require an ActiveState Platform account. Please contact us for more details.