Trusted by Developers, Proven for the Enterprise
The #1 Perl solution used by enterprises
Save time and stop worrying about support, security and license compliance. With the top Perl packages precompiled, and a range of commercial support options, ActivePerl lets your team focus on productivity with Perl that “just works”.
HUNDREDS OF INCLUDED PERL MODULES
- Essential tools for Perl development including CGI scripting, debugging, testing and other utilities
- Major ActivePerl components such as OLE Browser, PerlScript, Perl for ISAPI, PerlEx and Perlez
- Windows scripting with specific documentation for ActivePerl on Windows
GET YOUR APPS TO MARKET FASTER
ActivePerl includes the top Perl packages, pre-verified to ensure against outdated or vulnerable versions, incompatibility and improper licensing, so you can:
- Increase developer productivity
- Enable and secure mission-critical applications
- Satisfy corporate requirements for support, security and open source license compliance
INTEGRATED WITH THE ACTIVESTATE PLATFORM
ActivePerl, featuring hundreds of popular packages, is available free for download from the ActiveState Platform. But you can also use the Platform to automatically build your own version of Perl from source, that can include:
- Any supported version of Perl
- Thousands of packages not featured in our ActivePerl distribution
- Just the packages your project requires
Everything You Need for Business and Enterprise
Reduce Security Risks
Ensure security with the latest secure versions of Perl packages (i.e. the latest OpenSSL patch) and timely updates for critical issues.
Indemnification and License Compliance
Comply with your organization’s open source policies against GPL and GNU licensing, and reduce risk with legal indemnification.
Commercial Support & Maintenance
Keep your IP out of public forums and get faster, more reliable help with guaranteed response times and Service-Level Agreements
Enforce Code Consistency
Maintain consistency from desktop to production – Windows, macOS, Linux and big iron (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX).
Avoid Lock-In with Open Source
100% compatible with open source Perl so you can recruit skilled staff, ramp up faster and avoid vendor lock-in.
Accelerate Time to Market
Spend less time setting things up and more time getting things done, with the top Perl packages precompiled and ready to go.
Lack of support for open source software can create business risks. ActiveState’s language distributions offer guaranteed support SLAs and regular maintenance updates.
As much as 95% of code bases incorporate undisclosed open source code. Protect your IP with legal indemnification.
As much as 95% of IT organizations leverage open source software (OSS). However, incorporating OSS into your project often comes with licensing terms on how you can distribute your product.