Trusted by Developers, Proven for the Enterprise
Tcl from ActiveState is the #1 Tcl Solution Used By Enterprises
Gain productivity and peace of mind with our commercially supported, quality-assured Tcl distribution. ActiveTcl offers significant time savings over open source Tcl for installing, removing, upgrading, and managing common Tcl modules.
Hundreds of Included Tcl Modules
Save time in your development cycles by starting with a precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation and standardization across the operating systems you rely on, including Windows, Linux and macOS, with options for Solaris and AIX, as well. ActiveTcl includes:
- Precompiled Tcl distribution for out-of-the-box installation, including ActiveTcl 8.4, 8.5, 8.6
- Core Tcl binaries
- Additional binaries for popular packages/modules through TeaPot
- Extended documentation
Reduce Risk with Commercially Supported Tcl
- Comply with corporate support policy requirements with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that meet your business’ needs
- Minimize license risk by using our fully reviewed third-party Tcl modules
- Minimize legal risk with indemnification coverage
- Gain access to older versions of ActiveTcl that are linked against OpenSSL 1.0.2d, if required
Integrated with the ActiveState Platform
ActiveTcl, featuring hundreds of popular packages, is available free for download from the ActiveState Platform. But you can also use the Platform to automatically build your own version of Tcl from source, that can include:
- Any supported version of Tcl
- Packages not featured in our ActiveTcl distribution
Everything You Need for Business and Enterprise
Reduce Security Risks
Ensure security with the latest secure versions of Tcl modules and timely updates for critical issues.
Indemnification and License Compliance
Comply with your organization’s open source policies against GPL and GNU licensing, and reduce risk with legal indemnification.
Commercial Support & Maintenance
Keep your IP out of public forums and get faster, more reliable help with guaranteed response times and Service-Level Agreements
Enforce Code Consistency
Maintain consistency from desktop to production – Windows, macOS, Linux and big iron (AIX, Solaris).
Avoid Lock-In with Open Source
100% compatible with open source Tcl so you can recruit skilled staff, ramp up faster and avoid vendor lock-in.
Accelerate Time to Market
Spend less time setting things up and more time getting things done, with the top Tcl modules precompiled and ready to go.
ActiveTcl: Leading Tcl Distribution
Mentor Case Study – ActiveTcl
Open Source Language Support: Security, Reliability and Peace of Mind