Python 3.7 Migration Past End of Support
Python 3.7 End of Life (EOL) Migration
Python 3.7 will reach the end of its lifecycle and no longer be supported by the Python Software Foundation (PSF)/python.org starting June 27, 2023. If you require security fixes for your Python 3.7 applications during your migration efforts, ActiveState can provide support and security updates for your Python 3.7 applications.
- Avoid Risk: ActiveState backports security patches from recent releases of Python (Python 3.8, Python 3.9, or later). See our Python 2 examples in our docs.
- Migrate Faster: ActiveState simplifies Python 3.7 to 3.x migration, eliminating dependency hell and automatically building your new runtime from vetted source code, ensuring supply chain security. Learn more.
- Outsource Migration: Your developer time and resources are valuable. Let ActiveState migrate your Python 3.7 applications for you. Learn more.
Let’s discuss your
Python 3.7 support needs
TALK TO AN EXPERT – June 27, 2023:
The Python Software Foundation (PSF) will no longer support Python 3.7. End of Support (EOS) means no more official updates or security fixes will be released, not even for critical security vulnerabilities. What does this mean for you?
- Final Python release cycle for version 3.7 is subject to emergent vulnerabilities.
- Loss of official support from the Python core team.
- Python version 3.7 applications become vulnerable to attacks that exploit security flaws.
- Python 3.7 core codebases become less performant and reliable issues and bugs continue to be found.
Benefits Of ActiveState Python
Python 3.7 Security Patches
Get security updates for Python 3.7 core and key, third-party PyPI packages.
Supply Chain Security
Automatically build your runtime environment securely from vetted source code using our SLSA Build Level 4 compliant Secure Build Service.
Enterprise service-level agreements for all popular operating systems, including Windows, Linux (including Ubuntu), macOS and more. Communicate with us via phone, email and chat.
Eliminate Dependency Hell
The ActiveState Platform automatically resolves all your runtime dependencies and transitive dependencies, or else tells you how you can manually fix conflicts.
Let ActiveState manage your Python 3.7 dependencies on your behalf, migrating and rebuilding your runtime environment on newer versions of Python ready for you to install via command line or installers at any time.
Data Sheet: ActiveState Platform’s Secure Build Service
Read how you can use the ActiveState Platform to secure your builds and as a result secure the weakest link in your software supply chain.
Dependency Vendoring Without the Work – ActiveState Managed Distributions
Learn how you could enhance the productivity and efficiency of your teams by outsourcing your dependency management using ActiveState’s managed distributions.
Commercial Support: Security, Reliability and Peace of Mind
100% compatible with community open source code, ActiveState’s language distributions offer guaranteed support SLAs and regular maintenance updates.
Let’s discuss your Python 3.7 support needs
Book a 30 min. session with our Python programming language experts.