VANCOUVER, British Columbia – May 4, 2011 – ActiveState, the dynamic language experts offering solutions for Perl, Python, Tcl and other web languages, has announced today the first end-to-end enterprise cloud platform for dynamic languages applications, initially for Python and Perl. ActiveState’s Stackato, the new product based on Cloud Foundry, enables deployment, management, and scaling of Python and Perl applications in the private or public cloud.ActiveState is now accepting signups to the early Developer Preview of Stackato.
“Cloud deployment and management for dynamic language applications is the next natural step for ActiveState, as we’ve been successfully helping developers and IT professionals for years with their traditional dynamic language applications. With Stackato, we are excited to offer a product based on customer demand for migrating existing applications to the cloud as well as hosting new applications on the cloud. Stackato enables enterprise IT and development teams to spend more time on value-add development and less on configuration, while providing the platform for applications to grow, move, and share computing resources efficiently,” said Bart Copeland, President & CEO at ActiveState.
Stackato enables IT departments to quickly set-up and enable scaling of a cloud platform in a private cloud such as VMware vSphere or a public cloud such as Amazon or Rackspace to provide the efficiency, flexibility, scalability benefits of a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for their Python and Perl applications. Developers can get Python and Perl applications to market faster with Stackato’s simple and seamless cloud deployment directly from an IDE. System administrators will meet service level agreements (SLAs) with easy management and monitoring of cloud applications.
Simply install Stackato, deploy, then run existing or new applications in the cloud. Stackato enables IT and development departments to:
- Migrate existing applications to the cloud with minimal re-engineering
- Port between a virtual machine, on a VMware vSphere cluster in a private cloud, or with a public Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) hosting provider
- Provide secure multi-tenancy and configure auto-scaling so applications can use more resources when they’re needed, and give them up when they’re not
- Write, debug, test and deploy applications from the desktop to the cloud through the command line or ActiveState’s award-winning Komodo IDE
- Manage, control, and monitor systems and applications
- Rely on multiple versions of the industry-proven ActivePython and ActivePerl
- Automatically provision application environments with choice of languages, frameworks (such as Django, Pyramid, Mojolicious, or Catalyst), and module/package dependencies
- Choose the database engine (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis) for the application
Sign up for access to the Developer Preview to provide ActiveState with feature requests and early feedback.
ActiveState is the world leader in enabling companies to develop, manage, and distribute applications with dynamic languages. The company’s products and services for Perl, Python, Tcl and other web languages are used by over 2 million developers and 97% of the Fortune 1000 to build and run applications from mission-critical to open source projects. ActiveState’s end-to-end solutions include development tools, language distributions, indemnification, OEM solutions, support and other services. With these, customers such as Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin are able to accelerate productivity, minimize risk, and ensure compliance. Find out more at www.ActiveState.com.