Python from ActiveState
ActivePython: Accelerate your data science and software development with a secure, supported Python distribution.
Trusted by Developers, Proven for the Enterprise
The #1 Python solution used by innovative teams
Save time and stop worrying about support, security and license compliance. ActivePython is built for your data science and development teams to move fast and deliver great products to the standards of today’s top enterprises.
DATA SCIENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING
- Connect to your big data and databases including Hadoop, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, ODBC
- Prepare, analyze and visualize your data with NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, MatPlotLib and more
- Build and train machine learning models with TensorFlow, Theano and Keras
- Accelerate your numerical computations with the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL)
GET YOUR APPS TO MARKET FASTER
ActivePython includes 400+ popular Python packages, pre-verified to ensure against outdated or vulnerable versions, incompatibility and improper licensing, so you can:
- Get up and running in minutes whether an individual or large team
- Develop web applications with frameworks like Django and Flask
- Deploy to AWS or Google Cloud
- Secure applications with pyOpenSSL, Cryptography and OAuthLib
- Test and ensure code quality with pytest, nose, selenium, coverage and flake8
ActiveState has been providing commercial-grade, secure, stable and comprehensive Python distributions for over 20 years, including critical SLAs and maintenance updates.
- Take advantage of node and/or OEM licensing for use beyond development.
- Gain expert support with SLA-backed terms for critical issues.
- Get timely security patches and fixes for the packages you use.
- Acquire Python 2 support beyond EOL during your migration, or even if you never migrate.
Everything You Need for Business and Enterprise
Reduce Security Risks
Ensure security with the latest secure versions of Python packages (i.e. the latest OpenSSL patch) and timely updates for critical issues.
Ensure License Compliance
Comply with your organization’s open source policies against GPL and GNU licensing, and reduce risk with legal indemnification.
Commercial Support & Maintenance
Keep your IP out of public forums and get faster, more reliable help with guaranteed response times and Service-Level Agreements
Enforce Code Consistency
Maintain consistency from desktop to production – Windows, macOS, Linux and big iron (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX).
Avoid Lock-In with Open Source
100% compatible with open source Python so you can recruit skilled staff, ramp up faster and avoid vendor lock-in.
Accelerate Time to Market
Spend less time setting things up and more time getting things done, with the top Python packages precompiled and ready to go.
ActivePython provides a standardized Python distribution to ensure license compliance, security, compatibility and performance.
As organizations invest in big data, the challenge is less about the data itself, but on the algorithms that turn data into business value. Learn how to use Python for advanced analytics, machine learning and operationalizing results.
As much as 95% of IT organizations leverage open source software (OSS). However, incorporating OSS into your project often comes with licensing terms on how you can distribute your product.