ActivePython: Python That Just Works
Recognized as today’s fastest-growing programming language, Python is used by millions of developers for web application development, data science and machine learning. But as enterprises have adopted Python, so have they struggled with open source license compliance, security, support and maintaining consistent environments.
ActivePython provides a complete, out of the box Python solution. With more than 300 of the top third-party packages curated and precompiled, and support from the open source language experts, ActivePython lets you focus on progress with a Python distribution that “just works”.
ActivePython is available in the following editions:
- Community Edition: Free for development and internal testing.
- Business Edition: Production use and commercial support for small environments.
- Enterprise Edition: Production use and priority support for large environments. Older Python versions (2.5, 2.6, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4), support for big iron (Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX), custom builds, consultation and legal indemnification.
- OEM Licensing: Royalty-free redistribution of ActivePython in commercial applications.
Precompiled, Pre-verified and Pre-Optimized
ActivePython includes the top Python packages, pre-verified to ensure against outdated or vulnerable versions, incompatibility and improper licensing. The packages are then incorporated through rigorous testing, patching and optimization to ensure compatibility and performance.
Build and ship faster with 300+ included Python packages:
- Connect to your big data and databases including Hadoop, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, ODBC
- Develop web applications with frameworks like Django and Flask, and deploy to AWS or Google Cloud
- Prepare, analyze and visualize your data with NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, MatPlotLib and more
- Build and train machine learning models with TensorFlow, Theano and Keras
- Accelerate your numerical computations with the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL)
- Secure your applications with pyOpenSSL, Cryptography and OAuthLib
- Test and ensure code quality with pytest, nose, selenium, coverage and flake8
Key Features for Business and Enterprise
When you’re ready to go into production, get the benefits of open source Python along with the commercial support and quality assurance your organization needs.
Reduce Security Risks
Ensure security with the latest secure versions of Python packages (i.e. the latest OpenSSL patch) and timely updates for critical issues.
Ensure License Compliance
Comply with your organization’s open source policies against GPL and GNU licensing, and reduce risk with legal indemnification.
Commercial Support & Maintenance
Keep your IP out of public forums and get faster, more reliable help from Python experts with guaranteed response times and Service-Level Agreements.
Enforce Code Consistency
Maintain consistency from desktop to production – Windows, macOS, Linux and big iron (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX).
Avoid Lock-In with Open Source
100% compatible with open source Python so you can recruit skilled staff, ramp up faster and avoid vendor lock-in.
Accelerate Time to Market
Spend less time setting things up and more time getting things done, with the top Python packages precompiled and ready to go.
Get Started with ActivePython
ActivePython Community Edition is free to use in development and internal testing. What are you waiting for? Get started with the complete, one-click Python distribution today.
Start developing for free on Windows, macOS and Linux